PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX WONT WORK AT ALL.........................

NORM7446
04-29-2004, 10:41 PM
:( CANT GET KNOPPIX TO LOAD....... EVERYTIME I TRY IT KEEP'S COMING UP WITH THE SAME ERROR FOUND: ONLY ONE PROCESSOR. KNOW THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY ISO C/D AS IT WORK'S OK IN MY OLD SYSTEM, BUT NOT IN MY NEW ONE ( ASROCK K7S8XE, 120G MAXTOR H/D, AMD 2000+ ATHLON, 2x256 PC2100 MEMORY, MSI CD/RW DVD COMBI DRIVE, RADEON 9200SE 128MB G/CARD, 400W PSU). HAS HAVE EVEN TRIED INSTALLING MANDRAKE 10 BUT IT WONT GO ITHER KEEPS COMING UP "hda INTERUPT LOST"????????????? HELP AS WIN XP PRO AND WIN 2000PRO WORK FINE........ :(

mzilikazi
04-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Dude - no need to shout eh? You could have found the answer had you read the docs or had you even bothered to enter the error in the search field at the top of the page. In fact- the first result from the search gets you your answer. :roll:

OErjan
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
which is: when you see the line

boot:
you type knoppix nosmp

that is it should look like this

boot: knoppix nosmp

rickenbacherus
04-30-2004, 09:33 PM
which is: when you see the line

boot:
you type knoppix nosmp

that is it should look like this

boot: knoppix nosmp

There ya go that's what I like to see. Lets dicourage everyone from using the search feature so they can ask more questions that have already been asked and answered two dozen times or more.

The whole purpose of the search function is so that we do not have to keep repeating ourselves. ;)

OErjan
05-01-2004, 09:50 AM
yup, but if we keep refering to search people will start shying knoppix (and linux in general). that is NOT what i want.

Durand Hicks
05-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Why not make a sticky of the most frequently asked questions and put them at the top. That would cut down the searches and if newcomers continue to ask after that, we could just point them to the sticky post, and not have to repeat our answers.