PDA

View Full Version : Internet not working with cable modem

kibkid
04-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi, I am running windows XP and knoppix on my system. I have Internet with cable modem and Internet works with windows XP but not with knoppix.
What can i do?

Thanx.

zentu
04-30-2004, 07:26 PM
More Info, are you connecting via USB (bad for multiple reasons) or are you connecting via ethernet, if so tell the brand of the NIC.

please when you ask a question for tech support, please ask with any possible questions that you help may have. Too much information is only a problem when it is information that has aboslutely no use and goes on for 2 pages...

To be honest, most people that will help you will just overlook your problem when there is no info that is given in the begining, unless they happen to have the time.

kibkid
05-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Well, i'm using cable internet and it is connected via ethernet. The ISP is Rogers and the brand of the modem is Motorolla.
It works fine with windows but when i try from knoppix (with Mozilla) the browser appears blank and says it can't find a conection.

what can i do?

thanx.

Harry Kuhman
05-01-2004, 06:45 PM
what can i do?
You can read the other posts in this forum, including the ones I started.

nigor
05-04-2004, 04:53 AM
There there:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8874&highlight=3com+3c940

mzilikazi
05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Well, i'm using cable internet and it is connected via ethernet. The ISP is Rogers and the brand of the modem is Motorolla.
It works fine with windows but when i try from knoppix (with Mozilla) the browser appears blank and says it can't find a conection.

what can i do?

thanx.
Hmmm that's strange. All of these posts and no one has mentioned simply configuring the card?

Open a terminal and type this:

sudo netcardconfig

IIRC there is also a menu entry for it.
If that doesn't get you fixed we need to know exactly what NIC you have. Also post the output of

lspci -v