PDA

View Full Version : Network unreachable knoppix 3.3

nexus-
04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
I've just installed Knoppix and ran a hdinstall shortly afterwards.. and it seems that both booting with the cd and after hdinstall the network doesn't work.

I tried to telnet to my dns server (well, any IP for that case) and it shows network unreachable.

I used the PPPoE configuration tool and it seemed to have connected without a hitch (pppstatus shows it is connected) since I have a dynamic IP I tried to poff and then re-establish the connection and pppstatus clearly shows the IP has changed, which is correct.

I have no problems telneting into my ADSL modem (non-router) and this is the only computer in the house so there is no other networking.

I have also tried to ping the DNS server and all the packets are dropped(network unreachable?) and tested the connection by rm -rf /etc/resolv.conf and touch /etc/resolv.conf. The DNS servers are correctly inserted after a connection is established.

I've ran through many posts in this forum and it seems that no one really has a solution for this problem... is there hope?

nexus-
05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Silly me, I set the LAN gateway as my internet gateway. Deleted the default gateway and manually set the ISP gateway and everything works fine now.