PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive?

Prons
05-01-2004, 05:25 AM
I have a DVD drive, not totatly sure which make, but I was wondering how do I open it? I've got some files on a CD I would like to open.

OErjan
05-01-2004, 10:43 AM
do you have a desktopicon called dvd or cdrom1? if so rightklick it and choose mount (after you have incerted the needed cd)

Prons
05-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Well I do and I rick click the CD-ROM[cdrom] and there is no mount, there is like play audio cd or DVD\VCD player but no mount, now this CD was burnt on XP by copying files into it and then burning them, and when I try to open it it says file:/mnt/cdrom can not be found, but yet, There is no mount option

firebyrd10
05-01-2004, 06:02 PM
the cd and dvd drives are on a automounter. As with playing them just right click the drive and click play audio or dvd. It doesn't need to be mounted to do that. If you want to access files on it though. just wait knoppix will mount it soon.

Stephen
05-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Well I do and I rick click the CD-ROM[cdrom] and there is no mount, there is like play audio cd or DVD\VCD player but no mount, now this CD was burnt on XP by copying files into it and then burning them, and when I try to open it it says file:/mnt/cdrom can not be found, but yet, There is no mount option

That is the links in the icon(s) set incorrectly just delete it and recreate a new one by right clicking on the desktop and choosing create new.

Prons
05-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Well I got it to work earlier.

So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?

Stephen
05-02-2004, 08:23 AM

So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?

I see you cannot really mount an audio cd there is no real file system on it, but if you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins package installed then you can use audiocd:/ in the location bar of Konqueror to browse it.

Prons
05-02-2004, 09:23 AM

I see you cannot really mount an audio cd there is no real file system on it, but if you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins package installed then you can use audiocd:/ in the location bar of Konqueror to browse it.

Dare I ask where to find this plugin and how to install it?

Stephen
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Dare I ask where to find this plugin and how to install it?

The Debian archives it is a part of KDE so apt-get -s install kdemultimedia-kio-plugins remove the -s from the line if the output of the simulation looks good. To see if you already have it installed:

>$ apt-cache policy kdemultimedia-kio-plugins
kdemultimedia-kio-plugins:
Installed: 4:3.2.2-1
Candidate: 4:3.2.2-1
Version Table:
*** 4:3.2.2-1 0
600 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
4:3.1.5-1 0
990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages

firebyrd10
05-02-2004, 10:20 PM
knoppix comes with audio plugin on it. and if you read my above post the cd is on automount. thats why there is no option to mount it.

Prons
05-18-2004, 03:53 AM
now may I ask how to play DVDs on this thing. And maybe how to take pictures of video on the dvd?