PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix success story...

dvessey
03-02-2003, 02:07 AM
If figured this would be an interesting thing for the knoppix community to note..

I'm currently in grade 11 and taking an "Introduction to Computers" course, in which one of the subjects is QBasic. I never learned QBasic, but I had it all down in about a week, so I asked the teacher to see if i could teach myself Python with a knoppix CD during class time, and he said ok.

So anyways.. I've got the basics down, now I'm messing around the PyGTK, seeing what kind of stuff I can make in that.

It's not an original knoppix CD though.. I re-mastered it. Put on KDE 3.1, and the gtk module for python. took out open office and all the kde-i18n packages too.

aay
03-02-2003, 06:26 AM
Very cool. I'm glad to see that some HS teachers are willing to let students use Knoppix in the classroom too. Keep up the good work.

A. Jorge Garcia
03-03-2003, 03:58 AM
We use KNOPPIX every day! I teach a preAP Computer Science class using GCC's g++ (c++) and an AP Computer Science class using GCC's gcj (java).

Alextreme
03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Poor students, being indoctrinated with OO programming. Then again, using knoppix and all it's goodies does ease the pain a bit ;)