PDA

View Full Version : Unable to boot knoppix

sys104
05-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi all.

I was using next to Win SuSe 6.x and Mandrake 8.x in the past and now also wanted to give Knoppix a try. But unfortunately i am unable to boot knoppix.

1. try without cheatcodes: after 5min. wating and 6x "interrupt lost" it does nothing.

2. try w/ expert: i see now all the linux startup output ("setting up .."), and it still can identify the HDDs correctly, but still hangs again after a few " hda/b: interrupt lost"

3. try w/ failsafe: now the startup gets past the hdds, but when knoppix trys to start the x server, the monitor goes to standby, the vga adapter is recognized correctly though. I tried cheatcodes to alter the resolution or the refresh rate used, but still the same problem.

Along with this, there also some other weird things happen during startup attempt, like knoppix recognized my eide DVD RW as an scsi interface (?) and offers me SCSI options...i even havent a scsi controller.

Soft/Hardware used:

Knoppix 3.4 c`t Version (came with a magazine, so there cant be any issues with CD burning errors)

AMD XP 2600+
512 MB DDR400
AsRock K7S8X Rev. 3.0 mainboard
GeForce FX 5600 128 MB
prim. master: maxtor 80 gb
prim. slave: maxtor 120 gb
sec. master: NEC 2500 DVD RW
sec. slave: LG 16/48x DVD ROM
Gericom 19" monitor
No nasty hardware/no overclocking/default bios settings...

Thanks for your help & greets from Austria,

sys104

ktheking
05-07-2004, 08:36 PM
What a little bit of googling can do :

from : http://www.google.be/search?q=cache:ltv00oCgCOwJ:www.linuxcompatible.or g/story26598.html+AsRock+K7S8X+knoppix&hl=nl

OCWorkbench send words that a new ASrock beta bios 2.26 for K7S8X is out

BIOS 2.26 fix this problem :

When boot to Knoppix 3.3 (Live Linux-on-CD), system stop and display "hdc: lost interrupt".