PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts help

ZeroKun
05-03-2004, 12:12 PM
I dont know how to make a short cut for azureus and a program called cgoban2. I tried the menuupdate tool, but they didnt show up, but work when i do the command line/run.

Stephen
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
I dont know how to make a short cut for azureus and a program called cgoban2. I tried the menuupdate tool, but they didnt show up, but work when i do the command line/run.

Assuming you are using KDE go into the Settings menu item in the Kmenu then choose the Menu Editor and create the new entry where you want it to appear in the menus. The process is pretty straight forward one thing that can help though is using dpkg -L package_name in a console window to find where the install put the files for the package most likely the executable binary went into the /usr/bin directory but sometimes the location of the icon if included can be variable you would be looking for a file with an .xpm extension in the package listing. Then when creating the entry click on the default icon choose the other selection in the dialog that will appear and browse to the icon file location to select it.

ZeroKun
05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks alot, that worked.