PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix can no longer mount HD0 !!?

audioaficionado
03-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Knoppix can no longer mount my 80Gb HD0 but it can still mount the 30Gb HD1. 'I/O read errors | unknown file system'is the general error message I get. I have five partitions (1 primary & 4 logical) but Knoppix sees 12.

What I did was to try to delete a linux formated partition and reformat using the Libranet setup disk. I changed it from a primary to logical partition and made three partitions, 2Gb rieserFS/500Mb swap/ 5.5Gb unformated linux. I wanted to set it up for an eventual HD installation and bigger swap for Knoppix now.

Apparently the partition table has some redundancies created by Libranet's install utility when it wrote the fstab that Knoppix can't see it's way past. Libranet sees the same amount of partitions that windows sees.

Windows boots fine and can see all of the five partitions. Even after I deleted all three Linux partitions and reformatted it as one FAT32, Knoppix still sees 12 partitions and can't mount any partitions except for the 3 on the other HD.

How can I fix it for Knoppix without killing w2k?

audioaficionado
03-08-2003, 10:26 AM
For whatever reason Knoppix started seeing all the /dev/hds again. I installed Libranet twice including a reformat and installed w2k three times. Whatever was screwing up the partition table must have been repaired.

So I'm thanking Libranet and w2k for fixing it for me.