PDA

View Full Version : VPN / PPTP Client

lindleyrl
03-02-2003, 08:33 PM
This is pretty much complete distribution on CD - one of the BIGGEST tool you can include though is a PPTP client for the enterprise users. Actually any company with VPN access can use a VPN client in the distribution. Great work guys!!

I am a Sr. Consultant with focus ONLY on MS (all .Net Servers - Biztalk, CRM, etc.) technology; however, with this Knoppix distribution, it just provided me with the right comfort and amazement.

:lol:

aay
03-03-2003, 01:13 AM
This is pretty much complete distribution on CD - one of the BIGGEST tool you can include though is a PPTP client for the enterprise users. Actually any company with VPN access can use a VPN client in the distribution. Great work guys!!

I am a Sr. Consultant with focus ONLY on MS (all .Net Servers - Biztalk, CRM, etc.) technology; however, with this Knoppix distribution, it just provided me with the right comfort and amazement.

lindleyrl,

You may want to check out the full list (ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/packages.txt) of packages in Knoppix. You should like this: " pptp-linux 1.1.0-2 Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Client" You can also get a full listing of packages by typing: 'dpkg -l |more' from the command line.

Have fun.

jacco2
03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Actually any company with VPN access can use a VPN client in the distribution.

You should like this: " pptp-linux 1.1.0-2 Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Client"

I believe this PPTP client is included because some ADSL connections require it.

As a VPN client I am not sure if it will work because you would need Microsoft proprietary protocols such as MPPE and MPPC, which are patented.

Software patents are not (yet?) allowed in Europe, so some people may get away with it...

See also this (http://www.polbox.com/h/hs001/).