Here's How To Set Root Password On Knoppix-Live-CD:
1) Open The Shell - Konsole (There Should Be An Icon On Your Task Bar)
2) You Will Get A Prompt That Says: knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$
When You Get This Prompt Type: knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ su Root
This Changes You To Root From Within The Console
3) Then Your Prompt Should Look Something Like: root@ttyp0[root]$
Just something like that. It might be a little different.
When You Do Then It Notices You As Root But You Still Don't Have
The Root Access.
4) After that type: root@ttyp0[root]$ KUser
This will open up the KUser Manager Window.
5) After its opened highlight the Root section.
6) Above the list of logins you should see something like Add Edit Del...
Click On The Edit Icon.
7) At the top right corner you should see: Set Password..
Click On That And Type In The Password - Verify It and that will be
the new root password for the Knoppix-Live-CD.
I was just messing around with Knoppix and found this out...I've had a lot of
people ask me how to do it and I've just found out how and I couldn't find
anything online on how to do it...so hopefully then will help some of you guys
out Have Fun.