Hi all. I downloaded Knoppix 3.4 and there's definetly something different. On 3.3 All the hardware was recognized by the distro, including USB Flash Drives and my PCMCIA 4 in 1 memory card reader. Both of these devices are generic. On 3.4 the distro recognizes the USB Flash Drive, but it doesn't recognize the PCMCIA adapter. Everytime I insert a SD memory card into it, Knoppix knows theres something there, but gives me an 'access denied' message. Also, everytime I insert the card the OS mounts it with a different name. For example it can start by displaying it like 'hde1' then if I take it out and back in it's 'hdg1' and so on. This worked perfectly and flawlessly on 3.3. I tried chmod on the directory but no dice. Any ideas?

Also I noticed something screwy with my sound card. I'm using a Thinkpad R30, and Knoppx recognizes sound. However, there's no sound coming out of the built-in speakers of the laptop. Sound only comes out whenever I plug in an external audio output source (i.e.: headphones, my external Altec-Lansig speakers). Is there a way to check this out?