I am having problem when trying to boot the system using a television set as the display.

I intend to use knoppix in a home theatre PC, with the TV plugged into the svideo-out (tv out) of my Geforce3.

When past the boot prompt I get:
You have passed an undefined mode number. Press <RETURN> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue or wait 30 secs
However I suspect this is just the res/mode to use for displaying the console/text?

The real problem is X either failing to load or if it does load, the screen scrolling wildly and fuzzily like when you try and display a resolution or refresh rate too high for your monitor or video card.

When I use any of:
Code:
knoppix screen=640x480
knoppix noddc screen=640x480
knoppix screen=320x240
knoppix noddc screen=320x240
knoppix screen=720x576         (I think this is supposed to be the 'PAL' resolution)
knoppix noddc screen=720x576
... X loads but the screen is fuzzy and scrolling wildly as described above.

When I use any of:
Code:
knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=15.625         (this is suppose to be the refresh rates of PAL I think)
knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=15
knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=16
knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=28
(with any of the resolutions tried above)
... X fails to load, and then knoppix tries again with XFree86(vesa) and then XFree86(bmzsomething), and then gives up and I have the prompt (not the 'limited' prompt that you are sometimes given when booting fails).

Knoppix/X loads fine on the same system with a monitor plugged in.
It is a 333mhz celeron system with 256MB of RAM and a Geforce3.

I've also tested the CD on at least three other computers including a laptop, with no problems at all.

I've looked through the cheat codes list but nothing really stands out at me as a potential solution

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!!

-StormCyko