Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knoppix Cd Covers

Junior Member registered user
    Well im sure you will be aware that I riped the idea from the origional 3.2 wallpaper (Me thinks it was t hat version) with the eye in the background.
    So I followed that Idea.
    True on the Penguin, EVERYONE know what that penguin symbols'izes, but what do they use.
    So many ppl said do you know LINUX?
    YES! I reply, which one? uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, becomes the relpy.
    So yes its a mascot but I think there should be a LOGO for knoppix.

SPOCK
    logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. - WAS HE TALKING ABOUT WINDOWS?

In other words, dont be logical, DONT USE WINDOWS, USE LINUX, BUILD YOUR OWN O/S the way you want it!

UPDATE.
    New LOGO for 3.5 for when it comes out. (But I can change it to 3.4 if ppl need to) :P

UM Images reference ain working here. I will add it to main post...

[Edit] Missed the SPACES LOL

Just thought id pop my head round the dorr to A)Bump this topic and B) see if anyone would like a 3.6 Version, I can just change the TXT for you if you prefur either of the covers.

I am going to attempt a new cover with no "CopyRighted" images soon

but for now,,,,,, CHEERS!

.-=Ronin=-.

www.warezronin.com/forums

p.s
    Can I have this stickyed?

Senior Member registered user
    I don't like the logos.
    What's their message?

A young woman with a blue eye -- there are a lot of woman with blue eyes around, and most of the guys who made them don't needed a knoppix-cd, to get it done.

Of course you could see it as a kind of makeup too.

--
    The penguin is avoiding respect for linux?
    Well - I guess we needn't discuss about respect when talking about oracle.
    The oracle-magacine, introducing oracle on linux, had a big tux-face on the cover.
    If oracle don't have problems with a penguin, why should I have?
    Do you respect apples?
    Sun has a funny figure for java too - lost it's name.

Member registered user
    I've been struggling to find some resource for CD covers and labels for my linux discs. I'm a bit bored, and thought i could kill some time by printing some, or even making my own.

But damn if there isn't a lack of resources for this. I realize it's probably not the most important thing to most linux users to have a nice cd label, But i think it's a bit strange there aren't more resources for it.

I may just have to write up a little site to host some.

Their message?

Giving Technology Life..

Knoppix brings the best out of a pc unlike windows, the lady face is showing "Life" and the design work around her is to show the technology.

But thats obviously not that clear is it.

Another data file link without any infomation on file size ...

Who cares ....

jm

well thankyou for that great, info.

If you dont care why post?

Also I have no comment from you regarding the logos.

Did you like them or not?

Tell me why.

Its been a while since I responded in this thread, and, since this IS the Lounge, hence, Open Discussion, here goes...

I think Knoppix has come to signify, almost [sic] apitify, the word technology. It was / is, the first Linux Distro to get not only a Live CD operating system, but, also, to include auto-detection and configuration of hardware ( on-the-fly ) -=- then, to add insult, or salt, to an injury, it can be hard drive installed...

I think, the "image" that graced the background, back in Knoppix v3.2, was the significance of this technology, being "made into reality". The image screamed "look at me!" and "look how far technology has come!". How many people, like myself, stared at the background image for a while, marvelling at every pixel, at every nuance of "digital image" meets "photo 'live' image" ? ( almost 'expecting' the image to move )

The image may have given way to, lets say, less than its first look, impressions, or impact. But, that doesnt change the fact of the impact "it DID have"...

I am quite sure, that if you had a PC with "Windows XP" desktop, and another PC with "Knoppix v3.2" and that background, as a desktop, running at a "convention" -=- more people will be looking at the "knoppix" PC. I would liken this reaction to when the Mac PLUS, or now as it is called, the "Classic", was placed next to a PC, at the time they were released, more people stood in front of the MAC. The "desktop" is the "window to the 'digital computer'", the more it looks pleasing to the eye, the more it is going to be noticed. Has anyone ever noticed that a "intriguing" screensaver, seems to 'draw' people over to look at it? This is probably the same reasoning why Artifical Intelegence is getting so much "air play", people want to not only "see" there computer do something, but, some want it to "do" something.

I think, for me, the most "welcoming", "draw you in", feeling I got, was booting Knoppix v3.2, with that background, in KDE... Watching my system boot; going from a BIOS, to the slew of text flying by, in the boot screen, seeing the colorful "Welcome to Knoppix", and then watching it go up off the screen... And then... And then, having the background, almost yell at me, saying, "you have arrived", "you have arrived at an OS that is something MORE than Windows!"... And, to add audible sensorary to this, to have a vioce say "system initiated"... WOW. And what was the real kicker, in all of this, booting from a CD! To imagine that all of this is possible WITHOUT having to go through a install first, without having to spend two days running around looking for device drivers, and installing them, as well, just to get a working system... The background wasnt the only thing that had my eyes opening, the OS had me wondering, "why cant 'Windows' do this?" -=- I realized, pretty quickly, that I was 'playing on the wrong team', and spent a good portion of time, trying to come 'up to speed' with Linux.

I could say it was a 'learning thing', or, 'the background image', that made me think of switching "sides", but, I think it was everything. The newness, the learning, the intriguing image, how Knoppix seemed to know my system, almost intimately, and in a way that Windows just couldnt, how, with that Live CD, I had become the "master" of my own computer, again. I am still, fascinated, with looking at the "boot process" of my hard drive install, and seeing all that is started in the output of dmesg

Linux has openned my eyes, gained my trust, and floored me, with what 'it can do', but, in the same way, it has allowed me to 'know' what my system is all about, what it runs, how it runs it, and, being able to 'delve' into the source that it was created from. Windows always felt like a "closed loop", you bought 'stuff' for it, installed it, ran it, thats it, nothing more. Kind of like feeding a baby, it just ate, screamed, pooped, and slept. Linux, on the other hand, felt like something more, something that had "evolved" to something more, like an adult. It was kind of like "Windows", except it was a "viable, living, thing", it held secrets, you could have "meaningful" discussions with it, it responded, and not like the "Windows" responses, like goo goo gaa gaa, but, with intelectual feedback, and even some "comical" error messages that a programmer had made up. It was entertaining, educational, learning, and growing, and intriguing... I almost expect my system to respond someday with: "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't do that." ( from HAL in 2001, movie ) And the big thing is, that my system would be completely sincere in this response, even though the name wouldnt be mine.

I, honestly, dont see this kind of "technology" coming from a Windows OS, but, rather, from a Linux one, instead. To re-use my previous analogy, I would be more impressed if Windows just "scooted across the floor two inches", but, Linux, I have come to expect more, more progress, more advancement, more technological improvements, and I dont think I am wrong in my assumptions.

Linux, has opened my eyes. When I booted Knoppix, for the first time, I would have "expected", and almost in amazement, if it had a DOS screen for its desktop. My thinking was, it couldnt be anywhere near what "Windows" has come to be. And, to see a desktop, rich in what "Windows" has nearly made as its own, to be seen, in Linux... Nothing could have prepared me, nor placed in my thinking, 'this is what Linux is?' -=- words could not have described the feelings at that moment. I think the image was the icing on the cake, that, and remembering the next time I boot the CD, be sure to include the lang=en !

My life has changed, drastically, since the day I booted the Knoppix v3.2 CD. It has changed my world, my sense of 'what an OS should be', and what I will install on ANY of my computers, from that point, to the end of my existance. I have come to expect more from my OS, my system, my hardware, and what is included with my OS. What is available for my OS, of choice, and the ability to get, install, and use it. If I was going to "point a finger" at what may have caused all of this, it could easily be, the moment I saw the "digital eye" in the background image. Because it openned my eyes, to what I am now.

That was a nice run down there cuddles, but I hate to mention this, but how does that fit into my covers?

I do love your 'natters' as they inspire me alot in my drawings logo's sig's avatars etc.etc....

But yes knoppix out the box *just had an idea is a very good o/s

Im not one for talking more drawing so I will go away with my idea and have some sweets cuz im only like 23

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast