View Poll Results: Is Linux a sweet name for a cat?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

4 66.67%
  • No.

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Cat....

Senior Member registered user

A Cat....

Am I the only one who thinks Linux would be an awesome name for a cat? This girl I know asked me what I was doing after I got home and said I was going to be playing with Linux. She responded "What's Linux?" and I sarcastically said "My cat." Ba-da-ha!! An idea!! Would Linux NOT be the best name in the world for a cat? :P Discuss awesome cat names/uses for the word Linux. (e.g. "Dude! You Linuxed all over my carpet!!!")

call your cat Linux, and then call your computer Cat... then you can say

"I am going home to play with linux on me cat"... now that will confuse anyone, and make them take a step back (like when i say something stupid)...
    anyway... good names...

FireBall <-- great name for red cats...
    Lunix <-- dont know why i said this one???

as my cat is named linux i certasinly think so
    here are some images of him on Monicas Fotkipage.
    http://public.fotki.com/MonicaL/bilderpalinux/

Member registered user
    It's a good name, just look at this picture ... lol ... a cat is eating Bill Gates

Hmmm,

Interesting....

I would say... Yes... linux is a good name, heck, lynx is a breed, linux is a "slight" variation on it...

The only thing I can think of, on the topic of "naming anything that can get into trouble"; this includes kids, pets, etc... -=- is, take into account that you will be saying the name in repeated fashion, when the durn thing does something wrong...

Hence, names that cant be said in "rapid succession", are not good names. Take into account the "influxations" of how the word sounds when said; if the word sounds like it is a "scolding" word, you might not want to use it, unless the subject is "always" going to be doing something wrong...

Belzibub [sp] ( the alternate name for the Devil ) -=- sounds like a neat name for anything, but, when repeated three times, gets kinda hard...

One last detail, you may not want to use any cuss words for naming; especially ones that you frequently use. Either your "named subject" will be "frequently" coming around you, or scatter to the nearest hiding spot... just as frequently.

On the subject of "naming pets", I tend to watch the subject, and find characteristics that they show, to best determine a "proper" name for them... In this same thinking, would you say your cat displays "linux" characteristics??? [giggle]

Ms. Cuddles

haha... your_breakfast, well... we can now say that Linux is really eating away Bill Gates....

(do i deserve the bad joke of the day award???)

Quote Originally Posted by your_breakfast
    It's a good name, just look at this picture ... lol ... a cat is eating Bill Gates

400 k or so isn't that large, but why is it so hard
    for people to put down the size of the file, along with
    dimensions.

jm

jm

Administrator Site Admin-
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmac
    400 k or so isn't that large, .....
    400k is huge, for people on dial-up. It's also large for people in some countries who pay by the k for bandwidth.

It certainly could have been cropped, as there is a lot of the picture that is just wasted space. And it would be much better to provide a link to the image rather than just stick something this large directly in the forum. I suspect there was a concious choice to not do this and be more in your face with the picture.

And quoting the entire first message, including the picture again, in your post was very bad form. A quote can be edited to include just the relavent part, as I did.

as for linuxlike...
    eeeh he always lands on his feet?
    he does things i can't dream of (like jumping several times his height from sitting).
    he survives even MAJOR jumps, Linux fell 11M when he was still a kitten, I ran like mad down the stairs to help him.
    when I, after what seemed like ages, finaly came down and rounded the house he just sat there calmly eating some grass, only injury was a (1) cracked rib, not even fully broken (veterinarian was surprised he had no other injury).
    another thing is that he adapts EXTREMLY well to architectural features (windowsills, shelves...).

cats are like that, they dont care for the owner, but the furneture and surrowndings...
    thats why i like dogs, at least they care you you... and thats me fact of the day..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast