Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knoppix Cd Covers

Junior Member registered user

Knoppix Cd Covers

I have made some (3) cd covers.
    If you would like them please give me a shout on tdzthom@hotmail.com with the subject as "KNOPPIX CD COVERS" or it will go stright in the JUNK folder.

Here are the thumb's of them both
    [EDIT] Please look at post 3.

Member registered user

Re: Knoppix Cd Covers

Quote Originally Posted by .-=Ronin=-.
    I have made some (2) relly good cd covers.
    If you would like them please give me a shout on tdzthom@hotmail.com with the subject as "KNOPPIX CD COVERS" or it will go stright in the JUNK folder.

Here are the thumb's of them both

Knoppix 3.3

http://pics.gideontech.com/users/ron..._Cover_3.3.jpg

Knoppix 3.4

http://pics.gideontech.com/users/ron..._Cover_3.4.jpg

FFS! :@
    You have to paste the link in a new address bar....
    Sorry about that....
    No good, the thumbs don't show up and the links are bad - pasted or clicked.

Umm I have no problem seeing them... I will try another hosting site

Ok.

Senior Member registered user
    WOW

Those are some NICE cd covers

( now I kinda feel bad, my first Knoppix just had Knoppix 3.2 scribbled on the cd itself. ( in fact, the same is true for my copies of 3.3 and 3.4, replacing the respective version numbers ) )

Some tiny details, reading the text on the covers: I think the knx-hdinstall is not available in v3.4, but don't quote me, or change the cover on my "weak" knowledge of this fact...

Also, what FONT was used for the KNOPPIX LIVE DISTRO - that is a really cool looking font...

NOW... If someone can make TUX into a "flying window" kind of LOGO, and start posting it on anything that runs on Linux, I think it might get to be a "marketable" competition [giggle]

Ms. Cuddles

Im puzzled in your last comment, please explain more.
    the font is comaro.
    If you would like this font, please let me know at the abocve address.
    I an also looking for more high renders of anime pictues, so if anyone can find some that would be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by .-=Ronin=-.
    Im puzzled in your last comment, please explain more.
    Assume the issue is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Some tiny details, reading the text on the covers: I think the knx-hdinstall is not available in v3.4, but don't quote me, or change the cover on my "weak" knowledge of this fact...
    If you read on the Knoppix v3.4 CD Cover, under the area topic'ed To Install Knoppix to your Hard-Drive - it reads that you enter knx-hdinstall within a root Konsole -=- I don't think, or I have been led to believe, that knx-hdinstall is no longer available on v3.4, it has been replaced with knoppix-installer - I think. ( again, don't quote me on this change, I am not possitive about it )

Ms. Cuddles

NONONONONO :P To your flying tux comment....

My mistake, sorry...

To explain...

Everything that runs in "Windows" has that logo, it looks like a rectangle "window", with four color panes, and then a swoosh of colors after it, it looks like it is "flying" through the air.

The "logo" in Windows "circles" has come to be called the "Flying Windows" logo. What I was suggesting is that "Linux" plays off of the "Windows" logo, by replacing the "window" with a picture of TUX, the "Linux" penguin, and then add the "swoosh" of colors after it... Thus making a colorful, pun, or joke, of the Windows Logo with a penguin, for Linux...

It was a joke, but everyone knows the Windows Logo, so that this way, Linux might be taken seriously in the "Windows" World.

Ms. Cuddles

Im so gonna get flamed for saying this.
    BUT ITS THE PENGUINS FAULT.

Thats where its all at.
    If there was no penguin I think the wohle linux thing might get a but more respect..
    NO OFFENCE PLEASE DO KICH THE SH!T OUT OF ME....

Plus there are so many version of *nix out there that cannot be one main logo.
    Take redhat and debian, they have great logos.
    Im gonna try and make one I think with a PROPPER SYMBOL.

Like the KDE logo,

Awwwwwww, the poor penguin

Sorry Ronin, no flame, I wouldn't do that, but, ever since I got into Linux, through the use of Knoppix, I have come to admire the penguin...

I've got tons of penguin stuff now, stuffies, keychains, wall paper, cursors, even AMOR with the penguins running around my desktop.

IMHO, I thought TUX was a better logo, even a mascott, than you could have with Windows - a stalle inanimate window, as a logo, yuck... at least a penguin has character, an attituide, something that could be animated.

But, to play both sides, I agree with you though, way too many logo's... KDE is nice, Debian is interesting, haven't seen any other ones though, I don't go around looking at much logo's. But, I always thought of the "penguin" as a mascott, something that every "Linux" user could affiliate with. You know, the same as the "fish symbols" that used to signify someone who follows Jesus, kinda thing. You could have a TUX bumper-sticker, and someone could easily see, you were a Linux person. I know if someone ever saw my car, they would either think I've gone nuts for penguins, or that, if they knew Linux, I might be a person who runs or uses Linux. ( my bet would be they would think I was a nutty woman )

To be completely honest though, you also "promoted" another logo, even in your CD Covers... The whole eye image, from what I have come to know, has become synonomous with Knoppix, maybe even to the point of it being called a "Logo" for it. But, none of this was intended to be a flame, more along the lines of a friendly discussion on the subject

Live long, and prosper,
    Ms. Cuddles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast