I'm too lazy to work out how to remaster Knoppix myself, so I was wondering if anybody has already created a version of Knoppix 3.4 which comes with the closed-source NVIDIA driver and a kernel which is capble of running JACK? The other vital thing missing for me (and pretty much everyone else, I'm sure) that would ideally be included with ALL versions of Knoppix (and Linux in general) is the Flash plug-in.

My dream Linux distro would come with all that as standard and would be based upon the latest Knoppix but it would use either the Mandrake or SUSE install program and would come with the Mandrake 10 Control Centre/ Setup tools. I think this is what they're trying to do with PCLinuxOS but unfortunately their latest beta doesn't like my machine

I know about DeMuDi, but it doesn't work as a live CD and its installer is even worse than the Knoppix one. The Knoppix installer wouldn't be so bad if it integrated qtparted and gave you a few more options (like choosing reiserfs in 'beginner' mode and giving some options for having a /home partition etc.) WITHOUT having to manually edit the installer config file.

Whilst I'm here, how come I can't get anything to compile under the latest 3.4 without getting an error? It's a good job that under Debian you don't need to compile stuff most of the time but it is still a great annoyance. Is there a quick fix to this?

Thanks!

dan