Just got done installing Knoppix (debian-like) v3.4 w/ kernel 2.6.6 - changed lilo to "default" boot to 2.6 kernel, default user was changed to me (cuddles) w/ root.

I made backups of /home, /root, /var, /etc, you name it - all from my previous install ( v3.3 )

And I am having a (few) problems...

1 ) How and where do I set the schema for the root (su) konsole - someone got me this a while back, and I can't search it out, or find the file that made the change - they had suggested using a root konsole instead of changing my logins - and to designate the root konsole I changed the schema from "default" to "GreenOnBlack" - but I can't find the one file that tells konsole to make this one screen that way...

2 ) Either a root login, or a root konsole causes the following error trying to run anything from the CLI -=-
Code:
root@Morpheus:/etc# kwrite lilo.conf
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

kwrite: cannot connect to X server :0
This command was kwrite, but I get it with a lot of other commands.

3 ) I tried the "cheat" method of using ALSA on the CD boot, and then doing a knoppix-installer - it appears that alsa is "partially" there, but nothing is in the /proc/asound/cards file - I already disabled Arts, and tried alsa's autoconfig, and even alsa's init - nothing works...

4 ) Along the same lines of alsa - my lilo "append=" line contains the noacpi and noagp and noapm - but it appears in the dmesg output that it is "still" trying to use agp...

5 ) Am I correct in assuming that the Kano's script for NVidia video cards will not work in the new 2.6.6 kernel, and thus the post "currently" in this forum is the "real" way to do an install of a NVidia display card now...

6 ) I succesfully copied and did a chown and chgrp on my "users" mail folder for KMail, upon going into KMail - I have all of my folders and there contents, but no address book, where is this located, and can it be copied from a v3.3 backup into the proper location ( I don't know where ) and have KMail in v3.4 "pick it up"...

7 ) If all I am going to be using is Linux 2.6.6 kernel, can I just remove the LILO entries for LINUX ( set as default ) and the 2.4 - and if so, what would the LILO entry be, the current 2.6.6 entry - which appears to be running in a location outside of where the "default" "Linux" one is running...

8 ) Lastly, I have tried to research this, promise, and nothing is coming up with the command needed to do this - what is the "proper" way to - once and for all - set the time zone - I know about the right-click on the clock, but someone posted the CLI which is supposed to "ensure" it being set and staying that way...

Other than these things being my "big" issues... The experimental kernel is fast, and really slick... I hope to get these "small" things done, and get on with my apt-get installs to what I had when I had v3.3

Thanks to any, and all, for all, and any, assistance - I am extremely greatful...
Ms. Cuddles