To be honest Gilles...

This was my first thumbdrive. I 'struggled' with my buggy bios... so by the time I got that working... I was going for the most surefire way to get it working. By the time I was finished... I was pooped! Never picked it up again to make it any better. Now since 5.3.1 came out... I am really retructuring my drives. 5.1.1 is an old friend by now... damn hard to unglue it. Getting rid of all KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX style partitions and converting them to ntfs and iso. That is the only way I can see to run different versions btw. I never needed multiple versions of Knoppix till now. Gilles, if you have different flavors of Knoppix on a stick... then that would be a good reason to be running from iso. I was not aware grub4dos could boot from usbdrives. But having the iso on the stick is a good reason for me to fool with it again.

jw113... If Gilles has the time... he is the one to listen to with your setup. I would have volunteered his name, but... when I saw those backslashes...

I really wish there was a bugs page for Knoppix. I tried to use... home=/media/hdb10 and ya know what? I think in the script... it must grab one character for the partition number... because I kept getting an error tonight until I tried using home=/dev/hdb10/knoppix.img. The good news is I am using a copy of my persistent home from 5.1.1 with 5.3.1. I did have to remove the kernel modules and rebuild them for this version, but that is to be expected.

I did wind up with a new user entry in /var/lib/dpkg/statoverride... somehow... which causes apt-get to fail... hplip root 755 /var/run/hplip and mostly all I can see on it is people from Ubuntu complaining about it using Google. I figure I will comment it out and try again.

Best Regards,
John