Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
Hate to tell you this but I just reinstalled debian style and did alitte work and now everything works. I just couldn't wait any longer. Thanks for all the help you gave.
I agree with Markus, sometimes I wonder why they gave so many options when you run the installer - it has only been to the confusion of the user, and, in your case, not being able to do what you should be able to do, and that is, use your computer system and the hardware that is installed on it...

Just as a mental note RRFish72 -=- I found this out myself - if you are using the "experimental" kernel 2.6.6, you can not change the "modules" file, it gets "re-created" during a re-boot - if you need to add some module during boot, you will want to change the "modules-2.6.6" file instead... ( if you are using Knoppix v3.4 - since they have two kernels on that version, they used this method to keep the kernel files seperate, just letting you know what I found out, the hard way )

Glad to see you are running good now , and sorry that it had to take doing a re-install ,
Ms. Cuddles
EDIT: changed some typos I made, and...
ADDED: Didn't realize that you had another thread on your ZIP Drive, you might find that my entry in this posting, on the "modules" file, may be of concern, if you are going to be adding any modules into your newly re-installed Knoppix...
END ADDED
END EDIT