Hi to all the nice ppl here.. been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now.. and since couldn't for the heck of me find the answer on my own I decided to ask you guys, in hope you will point out the little thing I'm prob'ly missing.
Now, I am trying to do PMI on a HD of 1.6G (so a proper HDinst is not an option), the point is, i want to run it on an older machine that wont boot from the CD and seem to have its floppy controller borked.so i need this HD to be able to boot knoppix without accessing the CD.
The HD itself is partitioned as follows:
hda1 - 10 MB -for lilo and kernel
hda5 - 1000 MB -for knoppix
hda6 ~ 300 MB - for pers.home
hda2 ~ 300 MB - swap.

So the lilo is trying to boot, but then stops saying "Kernel panic:no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"

As far as i could have gathered from googling that - it means there's something wrong with lilo.conf not stating some important info for the loader - if someone would review my lilo.conf saying whats wrong given those details that would be just horrendous

this is what in my lilo.conf :
Code:
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
backup=/dev/null
map=/boot/map

image=/boot/vmlinuz
	initrd=/boot/minirt24.gz
	append="fromhd=/dev/hda5 home=/dev/hda6 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
	root=/dev/hda1
	label=Knoppix2.4
	read-only
PS sorry for such a long post - wanted to make sure there will be all the needed nfo.