Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot Me, I'm Lost!

Senior Member registered user
    Didnt want to start a "flame" war, it was meant as a joke, i.e. funny - if you got any beef, it should be with "www.computergear.com" - for making the T-shirt in the first place...

Dont shoot me, I'm only the "messenger", I didnt write the thing -=- and this was NOT, I repeat, NOT, a personal "poke" at you, you use whatever you want, for whatever you want ( my words ), if thats running Windows, fine and dandy, if its Linux, thats fine too -=- I just thought the T-shirt was cute, no harm intended, to anyone. ( ps you're right KPat is good )

At least I wasnt posting images of Bill Gates getting his throat cut by TUX or something... How bout a "medium", an image with the Redmond Plant, having its sign changed from "Microsoft" to "Linux" ?????

Sheesh, I still have to use Win98, backgrounded through Wine, so I can print up my CD Labels, not sure if OpenOffice Word has a template for those round things ( ? ) - so, I have to use Avery CD Labeler program, which only runs in Windows... Other than that, I am Windows free ( and before I get flamed for saying that... I dont mean any disrespect to ANYONE who is still running Windows as a "real" OS -=- Ok ? Did I make better, now ??? )

Ok, Ok, CrashedAgain, you win... I felt so bad, that you ( accidently ) thought that my original "poke" to Microsoft, and Windows, was "personally" directed at you, or anyone else who runs that OS, so...

I went to computergear.com, and looked for "Windows" specific T-shirts ( that dont have any ), so, dissed by them, I went to thinkgeek.com, and searched there for "Windows" T-shirts ( they also do not have any ), so, I decided to find something that ( hopefully ) no one is going to get pist off about, that either "pokes" fun at Windows, Linux, or whatever ANYONE is running as there OS...

T-shirt, from thinkgeek.com:
    Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script

( and again, since it appears that "anything" I post is going to be taken as a "personal" "vendictive" stab at ANYONE - standard disclaimer -=- the statements made by this author are my own, and do not represent the management, its partners, its affiliates, its legal staff, its current, nor its future inhabitants, any OS of any kind, now, past, or future, and are being made completely on the fact that it is CUTE, and is in no-way to be taken "personally" against; dogs, cats, ferrets, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, geese, water fowl ( of any kind ), males, females, anything in-between, any life species ( either known, or unknown, from this, or any other planet, in the vast Universe ), sub-life species, sub-sub-life species, this is to include life-froms down to the atom size, as well as the life-forms greater than our "known" size... In fact, my lawyers have just informed me that, the statements made by this author, are not even being made by this author, I can neither confirm, nor deny, the existance of this message...

Sheesh, what a person goes through for a "little" free speach - you'd think we didnt have a "Bill of Rights", or a "Constitution", or something...

Cuddles, I am not sure about open office but but KDE has kcdlabel and I believe it does the round ones.

Thanks, but, I think I tried that one, it let me create this "elaborate" round CD Label, then found out it wont save it, or if it did save it, it wouldnt allow you to open it, something like that, I tried almost every label package through apt, and either they only did the "jewel" case only, or, didnt allow saving and re-openning the round ones... I used to use MS Office Word, it had a template, until Avery came up with this new format of labels, which, appears that "currently" only there program knows how to format with... Figures, huh ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    Ok, Ok, CrashedAgain, you win... I felt so bad, that you ( accidently ) thought that my original "poke" to Microsoft, and Windows, was "personally" directed at you, or anyone else who runs that OS, so...
    Whoa! Hey! Whaddi say to make you think I was insulted upset or anything like that! Far from it! I only meant to say Kpat pats the pants off Sol!
    I'm certainly no fan of Bill G & his predatory T-Rex of the software world. I run Win reluctantly only when I absolutely have to for the applications I've mentioned and then only because I can't get them to run in Linux & there are no suitable alternatives. (Another one is income tax; nobody makes tax software for Linux).
    And like you, I run "old Windows", in my case winME, argueably the second worst windows version ever released. The worst was Win 3.x series, I absolutely hated that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
    And like you, I run "old Windows", in my case winME, argueably the second worst windows version ever released. The worst was Win 3.x series, I absolutely hated that one.
    I would say ME is much worse than 3.x. But I won't still say that XP is the best overall desktop OS for PC(x86), not from a technical point of view but usability.

Member registered user
    Hey, don't shot each other ..... shot me (with your advise) :P

Wanted to be a little more adventurous and thinking of installing Linux into my exisitng PC, one that has lots of family photos, files and stuffs like that.

Any recommendation which to use, since I know none of them. Only thing is Mandrake seems to come up most in the books that I've browsed and is a comfortable enough 3CD download. (Debian is 7CD )

Red Hat is also common (thru books again) but the net says that is only support enterprise versions.

Comments anyone? Else i will try my luck with Mandrake.
    Or maybe you can share what you are using

BTW, can i do a repartition of my currnet HD (winME) and split it (40G) into a 35G and 5G (for linux). Will this erase my HD?

Appreciate ADVISE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Q
    Hey, don't shot each other ..... shot me (with your advise) :P

Wanted to be a little more adventurous and thinking of installing Linux into my exisitng PC, one that has lots of family photos, files and stuffs like that.

Any recommendation which to use, since I know none of them. Only thing is Mandrake seems to come up most in the books that I've browsed and is a comfortable enough 3CD download. (Debian is 7CD )

Red Hat is also common (thru books again) but the net says that is only support enterprise versions.

Comments anyone? Else i will try my luck with Mandrake.
    Or maybe you can share what you are using

BTW, can i do a repartition of my currnet HD (winME) and split it (40G) into a 35G and 5G (for linux). Will this erase my HD?

Appreciate ADVISE.
    two advices :

1. upgrade ME to XP(well worth it)
    2. run colinux on top of XP.

You have all the benefit of XP AND the benefit of linux. No need to worry about partitioning, unsupported network device etc. and best of all, you can run the at the SAME TIME. Colinux download is small and it has a ready made woody rootfs which you can get in and do a "apt-get upgrade".

No matter what you want to do, trash ME. That is the worst OS I have ever seen in my experience with PC.

BTW, the new debian installer is very small, should you want to try native linux.

Member registered user
    garyng, thanks for advise.

upgrade to XP, problem is I don't have XP and don't intend to buy one.

you are talking about http://www.colinux.org/ right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Q
    garyng, thanks for advise.

upgrade to XP, problem is I don't have XP and don't intend to buy one.

you are talking about http://www.colinux.org/ right?
    Yes. But if you don't have XP, it is of no use to you.

Give KNOPPIX or similar a try then. Personally, I would stick to vanilla debian.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast