The day I did a koppix install on my HD, I also did a reinstall of windows XP which as most of you know requires activation within 30 days. Unlike the last distro I tried (Lycoris), I have fixed every problem that would keep me from abandoning windows forever, except a few. I need a new modem and there's some other "non-problems" but I still have three real problems keeping me from being windows free. These are the remaining prblems, and If I don't fix them in the next 24 days I'm S.O.L. because I activated XP on my girlfriends laptop and I can't activate it on my desktop now.

1. I still can't get my lexar media multi-card reader working. I know it's possible because when I boot from CD, it works perfectly, but on a HD install, I can't make it work. Everytime I try to mount a memory card I get an error telling me that it's not a valid block device.

2. I have a pocket PC and I can't get SynCE working. http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce It requires the recompiling of the kernal after editing ipaq.h The problem is that the ipaq.h file doesn't exist.

3. For whatever reason, ever since my last re-install of knoppix a couple days ago, my CD burner is not recognized. The CD recognizes it and it's listed while booting but there no entry in the fstab and I can't select it as a device.

That's pretty much it. I've learned enough about linux to fix all my other problems, but these three are still killing me. If I get these done, I'll be done with windows. As always, help is appreciated.