Quote Originally Posted by Fattbizkit
Knoppix 3.6 running on IBM Thinkpad A21m w/SMC2635W after several installs.

Knoppix hangs while booting w/card inserted. Where can I find a log of this? I think syslog but I'm green so....

Remove card, reboot. Insert card, NDISWRAPPER seems to work as the light on the card starts to flash indiacating driver is working. In order to get an IP I have to run the network configuration program.

I'd like to know how I could make this automatic and I'd like to find the log so I can post it and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to solve boot hang issue.

I'd also like to find a Remote Desktop program that will allow me to connect to my XP box from Knoppix and one for XP allowing me to connect to Knoppix. Does this exist?
Hello,

In order to get better service it would be a good idea to start a separate thread rather than clog this one up and ask questions of someone, who, still, for all-intents-and-purposes is a Linux noob. In fact the only thing I know how to do well is get ndiswrapper working ... So:

1. I do not know where the log is of the boot process, except after the fact. The command I believe is dmesg; but this would only be useful if boot was successful.

2. I do not have an automatic script for wireless when I run Knoppix; but I know it is possible. (This is because my HD install uses MEPIS since I read that an HD install of Knoppix can be problematic; and I did not need that being so new to the OS).

3. Connecting XP and Linux can be achieved via Samba. I am learning about this one very slowly, so I cannot help now. Unfortunately, I do not have much time to devote to Linux with writing a thesis.

Cheers,

Grant D. Vallance