Hi. Ok, this is my first post.... in like the 100th forum on all sorts of computer topics. But this one seems a little special. My first instance in networking OR linux(or unix for that matter). So if i sound stupid with this, please forgive me.

This is a problem that probably has a simple solution.

We have a home network. It's wireless, but the internet connection sharing is a wireless access point, so i can connect to our wireless connection via a wired connection. Knoppix finds my wired card just fine. It does NOT find my wireless card. I looked into the matter and the card i have is on a broadcom chipset, which cannot be used in linux yet.

So, i have connected down 2 flights of sairs to get to the access point. So far so good. But there are 2 questions i have before i connect the network and boot with knoppix again:

1. Is knoppix compatable to network with windows? The computer i am networking with is windows only, i am pretty sure knoppix could read it's files, but what about it reading my files?

2. How do i access a network with knoppix? Some of the FAQs i've read say something about "netwok transparency," i have no idea what that means and i am new to the linux environment. How to i use a network in knoppix(more specifically, how to i access another computer that is on the network?)

Thanks for any help i can be given. I try to research myself, i won't ask questions that i could find the answer to, but if i didnt find the page with the answer and you know of it, tell me! I continue to develop a (large) list of avorites on MANY different topics... the more the marrier, they have helped me so far, i RARELY even need to use a search engine!