Hi everybody,

JUst gave knoppix a go, oh and linux a go for the first time about a hour or so ago. I had a fiddle around and it was all good and i had sound.

I went a created a persistent Knoppix home directory and have since rebooted and loaded this home directory on boot. Everything is running fine, except for sound. Sound is no longer comming from my sounblaster Audigy card, i have to use my AC'97 onboard to hear sound.

I have run the sound card configuration test and i was told the following: it found that I had a SB Audigy but the module emu10k1.o, is not currently in my modual search path.

For what i can gather, since i have created the persistant home directory, the sound driver may not have loaded or something similar as it was working when before, only off the cd.

ANy help to get this up and running would be great.

Oh and also if any1 can tell me the command to save my settings i.e desktop background so it comes up when loaded and so that the installed amsn that i installed, stay configed so that i dont need to install everyuthing again on the next boot.

Regards,

-Spitfire

**After trying knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig: line 13: /etc/modutils/1alsa: Permission denied
rm: cannot remove `/etc/modules.conf': Permission denied
Preparing modules for alsa...

It seems to be denied, any thoughts?