hiya, Crashed, looks like we were replying same time.

As to the dist-upgrade... I did them regularly on my "spare" bughunter to purposely try to break it. It was surpisingly hardy. I have two partitions on my harddrive for hd installs of linuxes. (and the swap partition of course). And I found having 2 bughunters (generally my main one and whatever was the newest release) was quite handy. Swapping config files back and forth when I screwed up one of them

Most recently, I did a major KDE upgrade on my main bughunter and whoa, yeah, a little messy. Having nothing to lose I went and did dist-upgrade on it and it straightened quite a bit out. So my main man is still BH8.

I insist on an obscene level of eye candy and new KDE little proggy goodies. Just the way I am, don't know. Often little bug fixes in there (yeah, and introduction of new ones, I know I know) so when I see a new KDE I get all sweaty and hot and bothered LOL have to get my hands on it.

KPPP works fine on kanotix but I did have to change permission on a ttyS0 (case important!) to allow user to use the dang modem. Don't know if that is still a prob, I don't think so. But was quickly remedied (don't know if it was the proper way to remedy it, but hey, it worked