I was really getting excited about using Knoppix as an image backup solution for my 2 systems until...

Running KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN from liveCD w/cheat "knoppix26".

I'm trying to get a PMI going on an external USB hard drive.

Booted w/cheat "knoppix26" to prove everything detected and it is and does work!

Tried to repartition a new external 250GB USB drive (original format was NTFS v3.0) under WIN2KPRO and WINME, but being unsuccessful I then decided to try the Knoppix 3.6 LiveCD and QTParted since it's NEWER than WIN2KPRO and WINME.

Partioned successfully-[/dev/sda1 as ext3-40GB-root], [/dev/sda2 as ext3-5GB-persistant home], [/dev/sda3 as 1GB-linux-swap], [/dev/sda4 as 186.88GB-FAT32-for_sharing].

Problems are... (and yes, I used cheatcode "knoppix26" each time I boot)

1) After I rebooted (after QTParted), I set persistant home to /dev/sda2, but it also wiped out /dev/hda2 (OUCH!)... good thing it was only a small real MS-DOS partition I created earlier with PartitionMagic. This will definitely keep newbies away!!! Just imagine this was a partition that held all my work?!?

2) When I try to access /dev/sda4 (shared FAT32) under Knoppix
________a) QTParted shows it as Type->Unknow(sp?) for filesystem
________b)Opening with KDE desktop gives this error:
__________Could not mount device.
__________The reported error was:
__________mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda4,
__________or too many mounted file systems

I'm sure happy that I'm not doing this as a demo for my M$ Windows friends, as I wouldn't have any left (not laughing at me) after this. AND I WOULD NEVER SHOW IT TO _IT_

HELP!!!