Alright. I have downloaded Knoppix (First version 3.4 via BitTorrent, now 3.7 from a German University on th Knoppix.org web-page (the first link) via ftp.). The file (1) is a .iso. Which is what I want, yes? Right. I burn it to a CD using Ahead Nero Express (came with the Burner) in the El Torrito fashion. It asks me for a diskette (which I acutally had to start using with the boot.img thingy (which is a story unto itself). However, later on, I no longer needed this diskette: It booted from the CD all by itself. (The BIOS being some thing to do with Award).

I get to the knoppix screen: It says version 3.4. Auf Deutsche. Which means I can only barely understand it.

Now, it gives me the boot option. I press enter: It goes to a black screen with the Penguin. It proceed to say some thing like DMA enabled three times for three different things.

Then:

"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Press reset button to quit."

Well, I re-downloaded, re-burned, re did with knoppix nodma: Still no go.

What now?

Please, be kind Technically: I'm only starting to get used to the Language (which means, essentially, I know very little indeed.)

Thank you for your Co-Operation.