I will pleased to get answer's to any of these questions, bearing in mind I know little about linux

Firstly I have three main drives when I bootup besides the cdrom and floppy drive
Hda1 - My Windows NTFS partition
Hda2 - My Linux Partition
Sda1 - My Pen Drive

Firstly I want all of these drives mounted when I boot up.

Secondly I want so that all apps have read/write access to all these drives - I do know about permissions from having used chmod's on redhat web server's (via ftp) so I changed them on sda1 (777) however when I open things up in openoffice they are still read only
[edit - I fixed the problem by changing the permissions elsewhere on SDA1 - but I still have the saem problem on HDA 1 and 2]

Thirdly I would like if possible the pen drive to be like a windows pen drive - is appears as a drive when you put it in and disappears when you take it out.

Also when I installed knoppix, I had to use a third party installation app - and it set my lanquage as german - which I can bearly understand - if I was going to use any foreign lanquage it would have been french. Anway I changed back the lanquage for kde after findign the right option in control center, but mozilla and gaim are still in german - how can I change this?

And last but not least - I have six gig of apps I want to get rid of a few because I don't need them - how do I this.