Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School Use?

Junior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Crenn
    This sort of sounds like the people bugging me at school to hack the system so they can play games. Like I'm going to risk my education for some selfish prats. And I helped get rid of the games because I was sick of them annoying me when they got their games deleted and I had the only copy.

Those type are people have no brains(or brains have been relocated lower down) and know bugger all about linux/windows/computer/anything. I use Knoppix on the school systems when the network goes down and I need to catch up on work.
    what the hell..... no "Hacking" is required to play games on a school system cause the school has no way of stopping someone from installing or running them.

Junior Member registered user
    I feel the need to comment on the moral character that those of you on this forum have demonstrated. Sometimes I feel like the quality of people in this world consist of the sludge at the bottom of the barrel; however, the clouds that are inhibiting my view of the world have cleared a bit after reading the comments written to this wannabe hacker. Furthermore, I have a lot of respect for those of you who declined to assist this person and who approached the matter respectfully.

We are more likely to respect those who are respectful to us. Hopefully someone got through to this kid.

James

cdroms

your school has cdroms? i was network admin at a school and my first self appointed job was to remove the cdroms (viva iso!) and to remove usb from boot.

Member registered user
    *sniff sniff* I smell a troll...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiniyen
    Quote Originally Posted by Crenn
    This sort of sounds like the people bugging me at school to hack the system so they can play games. Like I'm going to risk my education for some selfish prats. And I helped get rid of the games because I was sick of them annoying me when they got their games deleted and I had the only copy.

Those type are people have no brains(or brains have been relocated lower down) and know bugger all about linux/windows/computer/anything. I use Knoppix on the school systems when the network goes down and I need to catch up on work.
    what the hell..... no "Hacking" is required to play games on a school system cause the school has no way of stopping someone from installing or running them.
    My school system does, I have no idea how, because I dont know must programming and stuff, but to install a request is sent to admins comp, and he/she has to approve it.(I know this because this is what the librarians told us, warning us about the dangers of the internet and leaving with books)

Senior Member registered user
    My school system does, I have no idea how, because I dont know must programming and stuff, but to install a request is sent to admins comp, and he/she has to approve it.(I know this because this is what the librarians told us, warning us about the dangers of the internet and leaving with books)
    um... www.plannetsourcecode.com, you can download other peoples code, read it, and see how it works... breka it down and that... or google, programing + (programming language you want to learn)...

you dont really need to learn how to program to use games... but seriously... why do people think that all who use linux, hack??? well kid... i dont hack... thats shocking!!! and your admin aint smart if you can boot from cd... haha, really stupid..

your school has cdroms? i was network admin at a school and my first self appointed job was to remove the cdroms (viva iso!) and to remove usb from boot.
    some of our new ones have dvd duel layer burners... i recon they stole them... but shh... dont tell anyone...its a secret

sorry but your WRONG!!!
    BIG TIME WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! our school has just done that... the guy programes lots... and well, if you bring a USB stick to school with music and plug it in, all your music goes (apart from if you have write protection on it), all *.exe extention files have been blocked, apart from the select few... (its all in the pollicies), but what ever you do, dont tell anyone else...

the word HACK! is, well, too open ended... i wouldnt call bending the computers rules on a LAN network hacking, just BREAKING the rules... do you get me joke... i had to pull that one... hehe... had a bad day at school...

AND WHY HACK SCHOOLS??? come on, their poor, leave them alone... their is nothing to gain, hardly any security... faulty stuff... flooding computer rooms... programing classes with out any programming tools...

One little tip, hacking school network to play a silly game isnt cool... finding out how to play microsofts office game, now thats fun...

WTF

You're basically asking to get expelled, you know that right? I'm a freshman to and could get admin acess if i wanted to but i would be a total idiot if i did, i would probably get caught and expelled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12