Hi,

Very newbie I suppose.

I've got a wonderfull machine standing in front of me.

1.3G RAM, 2HD, 6 USB2.0 interfaces, CDROM, floppy, etc. etc.
This machine is installed with WindowsXP Pro, NTFS and a Tacacs server. It's currently not used, but needs to remain exactly as is, because we use the machine for some occasional acceptance tests.

In short, I'm allowed to use it, but not to change anything on the filsesystem.
and I've got 1USB 1Gig (Sandisk Cruzer Mini)=free + 1 USB 256M (Sandisk cruzer Micro) =used for Myconf+home + CDROM with Knoppix3.7.

I usually boot from CD with "knoppix toram home=scan myconf=scan splash" and this works fine. Using "Knoppix26 ..." gives some problems with the USB devices, but I already figured out what's wrong.

I was thinking, is there a way to avoid retyping "knoppix toram home=scan myconf=scan splash ..." every time I boot the system? I created the two bootdiskettes from the cdrom, but now I want to adapt these to load knoppix from the CDROM toram.

I suppose in syslinux.cfg I have to adapt these lines
DEFAULT linux24
APPEND load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 root=/dev/fd0 rw ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 nomce BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 300
What are the parameters I need/can modify?
load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 > is different from the isolinux.cfg on CDROM, so I suppose this needs modification
root=/dev/fd0 > Needs to point to the CDROM? what is the cdrom entry /dev/scsi ???
rw > does this point to previous entry (root=) or to the next (ramdisk_size=). Can it be altered?
ramdisk_size=100000 > ???
init=/etc/init > Where?
lang=us >> lang=be

my extra APPEND
toram
home=scan (I could hardcode it, but this way I can use the same boot system on other machines)
myconf=scan
splash