It is a shame that this needs to be said, but since the "General Support" forum has been moved to the top of the list (a situation that has since been corrected), many people are looking no further and are posting things that are much better fits in other forums here. The list of all forums is here. Please think about the topic of your post and post in the proper forum. In particular, I've moved many posts in the past few weeks that deal with problems seen after a hard disk install from this forum to the Hdd Install / Debian / Apt forum.. There are many good reasons for this but the most important one for you as a poster is that it will get your question in front of the right people who can give you an answer to it. Posting a HDD install question here (for example) and not even bothering to mention that you did install the Live CD to hard disk wastes both bandwidth and people's time.

Other Thoughts on using the forums to post your topic in the right place:
  • If you are seeing a networking problem while booting from the CD (including dial-up networking) then the problem belongs in the Networking forum.

Questions on other live Linux CD's other than Knoppix likely belong under Other Live CDs, although there may be some cases where questions might fit well in other forums.

Do not change the subject and post a completely different question inside of an existing thread. Start a new thread for a new topic.

Tips and Tricks is intended for posting helpful suggestions, not for posting threads that ask questions. If you have a question to ask please do not start a new thread in that forum (obviously questions to existing threads are on-topic).

There certainly is some overlap. Some questions might, for exmple, be on-topic in General Support, MS Windows & New to Linux, or The Lounge. But please try to select the best forum for posting a new thread, it will save a lot of people time and will help get you a correct answer quicker.

Also, once you pick a forum, look over the existing posts (or use the Knoppix website search feature on the top of each forum page) to see if others haven't posted about the same problem that you are posting about. There is certainly no good reason why many people post the same questions every day. It is not reasonable to say that "I can't be bothered to look at the previous posts" and expect others to spend their time in giving you the same answers that you could have found yourself if you had taken a few minutes to look.

And one more thought, although this too fits in the category of things that really should not have to be said: Please do not use subject lines like "how to?", "Please help me", "how do I" , "Need help" , "I'm a noob" , "I'm the uber-noob and you are here to server me" , or other text that givers readers and people who search through the forum looking at subjects absolutely no clue as to what the post is about. Personally, I'm going to stop giving any help to such posts, even if the answer is as simple as a link or I know a simple one line answer.