ok you all know the knoppix Hacks book....good book , but i have problem..i have written about it in a few other post ..I have been attempting to create a remastered kiosk cd. I have been hammering away at getting a kiosk setup. I need a knoppix cd remastered(reduced in size dont need all that stuff) and that boots into kiosk mode.

I have managed to work out getting the cd reduced in size, thanks to tthe book and post on here on how to. And i have the bootable cd in kiosk mode working. It opens up mozilla with all the settings and goes to the exact site i want. However problem it only works on the development machine i used to create it.

I need this cd to boot into kiosk mode on other machines. When i insert it into other machines i get error at end of booting ...it says "unable to find suitable xserver for your specific card" what that mean?

ok so i thought hum if it only work on my machine perfectly and not on others when i am remastering it and making comrpessed .iso image of it i am somehow copying setting from the development computer i do not want to(specifically the xserver, XF86 stuff maybe?).

So I did some more hunting around, and reading out of book and find it says in hack#21 pg.63-64 to only save personal configuration settings if you plan to take the cd to other computers. Ok so i do this and probelm now the cd refuses to boot into kiosk mode what wrong? even though all the setting for browser and stuff is there. I have put into kiosk mode.
by doing the

knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix] sudo sh -c "echo 'DESKTOP=\"kiosk\"' > etc/sysconfig/desktop"
knoppix@ttyo0[knoppix] sudo init 2 && sudo init 5

commands

I need it to boot immediatly into kiosk mode - no typing( the peope using kiosk are not to have access to the shell.

again i have it booting from cd into kiosk mode immediatly but only works on development machine

basically i used hack #94 to remaster cd then hack #24 to make kiosk and end of #24 hack to "Remaster a Kiosk Disc"

anyone understand what is going on...and can help please?