Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Great Shows...

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarvaja
    (said gnarvaja while sipping his mate), the 2nd season of Stargate Atlantis is on its 3rd episode today. That's not 2 yeas!
    I doubt that because the are filming the 2nd season now but on the good point SCI FOX show the first episode the last thursday and later teken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    I am not even sure if they can "control" the stargates, or if they can "randomly" just connect where they want, without "human" intervention, thus adding a sense of "new-ness" to the show; e.g. "Where are we going today?"
    The can control where to go, Stargate SG-1 have a list of possible adresses, the same goes on the show Stargate Atlantis. However your saying is correct with "Where are we going today?" , because they explore the big list of directions.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-harry
    wernt the aliens the ones resposible for creating that time machine that didnt really work... and then it like kept sending them back ten hours or something... and they died out...
    The ancientes but sorry I can't tell more ... spoilers..

Senior Member registered user
    well i dont care about spoilers... i dont know about the others... but i'm sure everyone saw that eppisode...

BECAUSE ITS EVIL!!!

Battle Star Starts tonight...

There was a big plant taking over the star gate base in the last eppisode over here... me friends absolutely loved it that i had to endure a whole day listening to this plant grow (and who said watching the grass was boaring), and this captin guy turning off the lights...

Of course i didnt get to see it... but i needed to contribute something... i havent been doing that lately I feel like a kinda free loader.

I might watch it next time it is on... Or just borrow the first couple of seasons from me friend, but i proberly wont be able to watch them... got a whole heap of dvd's to watch, like the first season of big bouncing boobs i mean alias... and me matrix trillogy

Harry Kuhman wrote:
    >>
    I wrote:
    >>>>
    I guess that would be the same as "Stargate SC - 1" ... thats what it's called over in .au
    >>>>

Wrong on two counts. There is a show Stargate SG-1; I doubt very much that it's renamed to Stargate SC-1 for AU.

Stargate Atlantis is a different show.
    >>

(grin), ok, ok, Thats what i ment heh heh ...

So, there's another one too. Uha, thanks for the correction

Cuddles wrote:
    >>
    If I recall correctly, they dont even know how it works, ...
    >>

I think thats the point, know one knows how it works except for some long gone ancient race.

>>
    or if it broke, how they would fix it ...
    >>

(grin) heh heh

If it ever needs re-installing , well ..... nope , wont go there, (grin)

Cuddles wrote:
    >>
    chris-harry wrote:
    >>>>
    so... while we are all talking about star gate... whats star gate about???
    >>>>
    >>

There's the plot answer above, and then there's the other answer...

It'll grow on you though ...

jm

aww come on... tell us... trust me manything grow on me you will understand if you saw whats living in me hair...

me and me friend were talking about this when I said this; (relatively)...

What makes a good SFX (like star gate), is that they have a main theam... and from that main theam they stread out and develope something new temperarily (most of the time, yes there are some exceptions to this)... also, just add in a splash *splot* of smart humor...

for example (back to star gate), They have the main theam "There is a star gate, and they use it to travel to places.", and then the developement theams apon that like "They get attacked by a plant", "Time keeps on repeting" etc (the story line)... at the same time, they have a dangerous threat, and some thing cool (like brain slugs (opps from futurama))...

we got onto that because we were talking about BSG, when i said that battle star is just starting to repeat itself... and it doesnt have smart humor... it only relies on the battles... but there is too little people to do too many battles anymore... they need to start visiting different plannets... start growing the pop so then they can have KICK ASS BATTLES IN SPACE!!! AND I MEAN REALLY KICKING ASS!! *STARTS swinging foot around*...

anyway... thats my...

Million $0.00000002 (sadly its all i have :sob

In other words, creatively written by people who believe, and like what there doing. Much of whatever is going to be considered "good", easily become very subjective. And just as easily become irrelevant. Unless that is the obvious purpose, then you have the classic "retro" category.

So, as a stand by to those concerns, which may fluctuate, or go through cycles ... ie; i guess most people have had the experience with a show they like a lot .. that you can just tell that they have changed their writers. Not always for the better.

The stand by thing i was about to mention though ... it's something that distinguishes the Star Trek type of Sci-Fi ... attention to detail, and authenticity.

Witness the difference between, say, an early Star Trek and Star Wars. In the later a mention is made of "having done the Orion run in under 10 parsecs" where in Star Trek, Spoke once answered a question concerning how far away something was with "approximately 1.342 parsecs Captain" (the 1.342 is just out of the air).

Point being, Star Wars didn't work for me, because i could rest with a par-sec being used to denote "speed/time", where its' usage in Star Trek, as a measure of distance was quite reasonable. Especially taking it to 3 decimal places, rather than 4. Thats also quite reasonable.

That may sound a little pedantic, but Star Trek and similar types will always pay that extra attention to detail. For me, the Star Wars expression disturbed my flow, and so, just wrecked any enjoyment i otherwise might have had.

SG-1 is good like that. I like the way that the humans have now become just another race of aliens, in a very big universe, rather than thinking everyone else is strange except for them. And the inclusion of Tilk (may have got the name wrong there), the way he expresses a continual bemused, but not quite surprised response to the various habits/ways of the humans around him.

>>
    There's the plot answer above, and then there's the other answer...
    >>

I caught myself about to launch into a, probably long rant on psychological archetypes, and how they find expression in movies etc ... but held it back at the last minute ... I figured it would probably be enough to bore Godzilla to distraction, so i didn't

jm

any way... good point(s)...

lets move on... the next star wars is coming out (the last too didnt have anything as good as the originals... lets hope the next one is A HELL OF A LOT BETTER!!!! GRRRR)...

Battle star, the other night... was ok... it was fairly ok...

anyway... Who has been watching Desperate House wifes...

some of its funny. but rather strange???

your opinions???

"Phantom Menace" episode 1, was on the other night. Enjoyed it a lot. Mainly the race scene. The critter eating the apples with his tounge was good too.

Desperate House wives !!!, very strang c-h (heh).

"The Last of The Dogmen" was on last night, good. About a 'Shiane' (spelling ??) tribe found by a bounty hunter in Northern USA.

I can't knock Desperate House Wives really, i have been known to watch "Teletubs" in the morning at times ...

The greatest all time show though, has to be the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" sketches ... including "Rodger Ramjet"

What did you find strange ?

jm

not at all...

In Phantom Menace, you should see/hear the pod racing on me tv...

*dribbles from the shear excitement*, with the base just rumbling... the visual effects... wow... its.... breath taking...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast