Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Great Shows...

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyyapc
    Here on Argentina (south America) we always watch the new shows one or two years later, thanks to the net I can watch as you Battle Star Galatica (don like it) Star Trek Enterprise (It's a pity the cancellation) and my favourite for the moment Stargate Atlantis!! I Love that show and I'm waiting for June where begins de 2nd season.
    Che Seyyapc (said gnarvaja while sipping his mate), the 2nd season of Stargate Atlantis is on its 3rd episode today. That's not 2 yeas!

--GN

Senior Member registered user
    Howdy gnarvaja,

>>
    favourite for the moment Stargate Atlantis!!
    >>

I guess that would be the same as "Stargate SC - 1" ... thats what it's called over in .au

Excellent show ...

What makes good sci-fi ???, i guess, authenticity, believable plots etc ... Not the easiest of things to do.

I have a problem though, with the type of show where, where ever they go ... the humans always think "their OK, every one else is an alien" (grin)

The better ones don't seem to do that ...

a top time-wast, isn't it

jm

Administrator Site Admin-
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarvaja
    ... the 2nd season of Stargate Atlantis is on its 3rd episode today. ...
    On what planet is this? They might be starting to film the second season, but they certainly haven't aired any of it.

so... while we are all talking about star gate... whats star gate about???

Quote Originally Posted by jjmac
    I guess that would be the same as "Stargate SC - 1" ... thats what it's called over in .au
    Wrong on two counts. There is a show Stargate SG-1; I doubt very much that it's renamed to Stargate SC-1 for AU.
    Stargate Atlantis is a different show.

Thanks Harry Kuhman, for pointing that out, it was bugging me...

StarGate - and I think, the #1 was the fact that it was the "first" stargate found, not sure on this ( I dont follow SG1, but a friend does ), it could also be, the #1 was designated because it ( possibly ) was the first stargate that was actually working, and could still "connect" to the "other" stargates. If I recall correctly, they dont even know how it works, or if it broke, how they would fix it - the premise, on the idea, that a "stargate" could just "dissapear", and not be usable anymore ( I think )

This show, following from his acting career in McGyver, has, probably, put the name "Richard Dean Anderson" in the anals of TV Career Actors, for years to come... ( IMHO )

As for Balltestar Galactica...

Sorry... This one does fly for me...

Considering I grew up with the "original" Battlestar series, I have to point out a small fact... actually, a few....

The boy had a robot dog, called "boxie" - not in the new series...

Starbuck was a MAN, not a girl - so, either the new series is "playing" off the idea this lady is his "daughter", funny, "Starbuck" in the old series was more of the "one night stand" kinda guy, so "daughter" doesnt fly... OR... between the old series and the new series, Starbuck got a MAJOR sex-change...

But, these are my views, your milliage may vary, and, no expressed, or implied, warrantee... ( you break it, you buy it )

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    StarGate - and I think, the #1 was the fact that it was the "first" stargate found,..........
    The show producers elected to add the SG-1 to the title. Their motive is not just using the Stargate name is unclear to me, but maybe they were just trying to distinguish it from the movie. The SG-1 term comes from the designation of the "team" of people who go through the gate. Richard Dean Anderson's team of 4 people was the first team as was designated SG-1. In the stories there are other teams as well, designated in increasing numbers (a patch showing SG-22 was seen on a recent show). Sometimes the actors cross over into the SG-1 stories, but usually the show just focus on the SG-1 team that it is named for. Starting season 8, RDA was promoted and is no longer part of the team, but somehow they still come up with an occasional need for him to go through the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-harry
    so... while we are all talking about star gate... whats star gate about???
    Not an expert, I dont watch it much, but... here is my best shot...

Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, are two sperate "stargates" ( a stargate is a large "ring" with cryptic hyroglyphics around the outside of it, possibly from the alien civilization who created them, and of which, we dont know who they are, or where... possibly, when one of there worlds was dieing, they used a stargate to escape death? But, we dont know this )

The premise of the shows is to use a "stargate" to connect with another "stargate" - to traverse space, posibly even time - to the other location. I.e. SG-1 can "connect" to "atlantis" and people, or things, can be "transported" to both locations and back...

From what I know about the shows; they can find "new" stargates, and explore them, or use "old" "known" stargates to do things there... Its kinda like the whole "Star Trek" thing, except they dont need a ship to go there. From my "vast" non-knowledge of the shows, I am not even sure if they can "control" the stargates, or if they can "randomly" just connect where they want, without "human" intervention, thus adding a sense of "new-ness" to the show; e.g. "Where are we going today?"

From what I can tell, Stargate SG1 located the Stargate Atlantis, and now has "spawned" off a second series on its own... Again, kinda like the Star Trek - Next Generation and Star Trek - Deep Space 9

Correct me if any of my details are wrong, I dont propose to be a "follower" of SG's

[QUOTE]Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, are two sperate "stargates" ( a stargate is a large "ring" with cryptic hyroglyphics around the outside of it, possibly from the alien civilization who created them, and of which, we dont know who they are, or where... possibly, when one of there worlds was dieing, they used a stargate to escape death? But, we dont know this )
    [/QUTOE] limited knolege... (and word vocab), wernt the aliens the ones resposible for creating that time machine that didnt really work... and then it like kept sending them back ten hours or something... and they died out...

correct me if i am wrong... this is the only full episode i watched...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast