hi, so far knoppix 3.7 has installed great, with no problems except the special resolution this laptop requires (1024x480). right now, it's working in 640x480, but the screen is *slightly* squished, and i have to use the mouse to scroll up and down the screen to see everything.

i haven't been able to find XF86Config's for this model, and similar models seem to have very different video cards than mine. also, ive tried editing the XF86Config file, but with no *apparent* changes. im pretty new to this, so im not sure if im doing it right.

the video card is a 8mb ati radeon mobility m1. it works fine in windows and i have the drivers (i dunno if this helps). also, i installed knoppix to the hard disk. i saw someone post on the board here to use:

knoppix fb1024x480 xvrefresh=60 at the boot: prompt. but this is a hdd install, so im not sure where i can put this.

i don't need to have full card support at the moment (although that would be nice), just need to get the resolution fixed. can anyone help me with this? thanks!

edit: sooooo... i haven't gotten a single response to this! can anyone help me? please? im about to smash my laptop in frustration.