I'm messing around with Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 and have found that when booting to the knoppix 3.4 distro, knoppix26 will hang when trying to initialize or use the Intel Pro100 network adapter as well as a A347SCSI SCSI controller.

I have a Toshiba Satelite 5105-S501 and ran the (F2) boot command line "boot: knoppix26 dma" and the machine will hang at the scsi controller. Issuing the command "boot: knoppix26 dma noscsi will get around this problem.

When issuing the command "boot:knoppix26 dma noscsi" it would try to get an address on eth0 via dhcp and the network adapter seems to hang the machine. Even if I issue a "nodhcp" boot command, and later inside the desktop run a network card configurator, it will hang after giving it a static address.

However, when running the command "boot:knoppix dma" (booting into the 2.4 kernel), the distro will boot up fine, finding the scsi adapter and graps a dhcp address.

It's nice having Knoppix running inside of a MS Virtual PC

Just wondering if anyone else has tried MS Virtual PC with Knoppix26. Otherwise, if I run knoppix26 on this laptop directly from CD (not MS VM) the "boot: knoppix26 dma" runs fine. This isn't really a huge deal but more of a note to post for others.