Well, I've been using Knoppix from about 3.3 and since then I have a couple of suggestions that could improve the look of Knoppix without too much effort...

1. Use Plastik theme and widgets by default. Not only is the default in 3.4, but it's also much better than keramik, which I personally find hideous.

2. Use Bitstream Vera fonts by default. They look so much better than helvetica, even more when antialiased.

By the way, I'm just amazed at 3.8... It boots FAST on my PC. It could be, anyway, that I've been using a remastered edition customized for spanish language.

Other ideas, but more personal, are to include amsn by default (great help to windows booters, as it is very similar to the original msn messenger, widely used... anyway it's not important anymore, as apt-get works just great), and of course to include kde 3.4, openoffice 1.1.4 instead of 1.1.2 (in my remix, I could be wrong! supposedly it uses the same versions, just in spanish language!), AND xorg, though I guess that's a major problem because of it not being in the debian repo's (at least not outside testing... I use it happily in ubuntu by the way).

Keep up the good work!. 3.8 is just awesome!.