Hi,

I am a linux newie, (figured I would get that out of the way.

I have been messing with livecd's. I can't count how many I have used. Knoppix seems to fit my use the best.

I chose Miniknoppix.

I have read that it is possible to remaster a cd burning the cd as a multisession cd but I don't remember if I read this possibility with knoppix. My goal is to add crossover office to miniknoppix.

1. I have booted from a miniknoppix livecd.
2. I installed crossoveroffice while running in ram.
3. On another board, I read that what I needed to do is .tar 2 directories, cxoffice and .cxoffice.
4. No I am getting to the point of being unsure of myself.
5. cxoffice installed to my home directory, so I right clicked the cxoffice directory and compressed it. I save it to my usb drive.
6. I am having a difficult time locating .cxoffice. I can search for it and find it but when I right click on it, all that I can do is copy etc.
7. I am betting in order to compress .cxoffice I need to be a su, but I do not know how to accomplish this in the terminal program.
8. Now in order create a multisession cd I need to read instructions that pertain to knoppix.
9. I have a program called ISOmagic to assist me in this.
10. I did try to modify ISO once but it seemed to have a md5 checksum and wouldn't boot. Eventually I would like to modify the ISO to have some personal settings, Internet explorer (installed through crossover office). I would like to streamline the process and be able to simply put in the ISO and it would boot as I wished.

Can you help me out

Thanks for your knowledge and time