Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel really smert... oh yes i do..

Senior Member registered user
    Howdy c-h,

How would changing you number help. If it's an IP account, all a person has to do is scan the IP accounts to find a given domain path trace to a specific account holder. Or just 'do over' a range. Easier if the IP is a small business, that is, less accounts to scan.

Hope you firewall at your end. If not you should (iptables). It's a snak to set up.

And a decent intrusion detector like 'snort' is good to run. It's nothing short of facinating the things that checkout your ports while your online. Which otherwise, go totally unnoticed.

I'm getting quite hooked to BSG. I quite like the computer game attmosphere associated with the battle scenes too. Especially the attention they pay to a zero gravity environment. It reminds me of when i used to play 'asteroids' a lot on the machines in town (Sydney) (grin)

>>
    I recon the cylons are playing a game..
    >>

What kind of a game. Do you mean their experimenting with them. If they wanted to make the techno jump from machine to life form, i guess that would be a motive for extensive experimentation. I got that felling when they dispatched the little chinese cylon girl with the human on their planet. Then simulated their escape. By techo jump to life form i'm thinking a bit along the lines of the 'Borg' queen, what a girl (grin).

>>
    <--i have a special gift to actually see patterns,
    >>

Hows the crypto project going. I'm still stuck at the scrable board hint stage.

Maybe you could practice/develop it a bit. Say ... keep a dummy share portfolio maybe, and see what happens there. Somethings though, only work when there not attempted concously (worse luck). But then again ... thats basically what Zen and the like has always been about i guess .. bridging the states, so to speak.

>>
    the Dr is really a so called cylon, <--which brings in more prof that its a game to the cylons... he is there to help the humans, he found out a way to find out weather the people are humans or cylons (because they created cylons that look like humans the cylons did), anyway... he sees her, but the other cylons dont for some strange reason.
    >>

Really !

Maybe all the humans are Cylons, but at a much later stage than the current lot. Last weeks episode certainly had a strong religous/destiny air to it, as though something conclusive was about to happen. And the madam president ... like, she is now starting to hallucinate all over the place.

..... the last one ... damn Packer and all that club. It pisses me a bit the way they just leave shows hanging. It is such a blatant ... couldn't give a stuff ... attitude that they have.

It would be great if a person could install an 'add' filter into a tv set, similar to 'junkbuster' and the like. Probably not impossible. If Linux can be employed in areas like amature Radio, why not as a tv signal gateway... hey (grin) is that an idea for a Project or what. Wish i didn't just know zilch about tv workings

>>
    Why would anyone want to destroy their plan? well, maybe they want to see how far the humans can go! <-- the girl said they have done this many times, the girl also said they destroyed the humans, well, not directly... why would anyone want to bring them back, to control them? well, it seems like that doesnt it...
    the last one was great, it really warmed up there, pitty next week is the last one..
    >>

something is going on thats for sure. I haven't been consistent enough to be able to trace all the associations though.

>>
    i have been telling one of me other friends to use linux, because its all open source
    >>

It can be amazing how many people actually know very little about it.

And yes (grin), the Canadian is a funny bloke hehehe. He said he made his first atomic bomb at college (grin).

Computers can also teach one to spell too, hehe, well, in a way (almost) that is, at least enough if a person wants to do google.

>>
    the one where they go back to earth is on tonight...
    >>

Yeah, that was a good episode, i can see what you mean by your generalisation that the stories could be improved. a good script writer, hey ... they just gotta be the biggest fan i think, to qualify.

>>
    also, anyone here watched Babylon 5???
    >>

Yes ... but can't remember it (shoking hang-over at the moment, gota give it up (not kidding))

over and out

jm

Code:
    :-  If the system is the answer, then the question 
                  must have been really stupid  -:-

hehe...

What kind of a game. Do you mean their experimenting with them. If they wanted to make the techno jump from machine to life form, i guess that would be a motive for extensive experimentation. I got that felling when they dispatched the little chinese cylon girl with the human on their planet. Then simulated their escape. By techo jump to life form i'm thinking a bit along the lines of the 'Borg' queen, what a girl (grin).
    nah, a real twisted and corrupt strange game... kinda like the one which one of me girl friends played on me... ex-girl friend should i should say...

Computers can also teach one to spell too, hehe, well, in a way (almost) that is, at least enough if a person wants to do google.
    this is news to me...

i missed the start of that episode... had a sac on the next day... *shivers*... soo cold... sooo cold...

It can be amazing how many people actually know very little about it.
    you forgot compleately stupid, one of me friends got stuck on the boot screen on the cd... all he had to do was press enter, tich tich...

>>
    soo cold... sooo cold..
    >>

Yeah, your not wrong. About this time of year i like to sit around the fridge with the door open, just to warm up a bit.

At least the box likes it. Dreading summer on that level, not to mention dust. I saw a good looking water cooling system based on a convection tower from a company called "Zalman" the other day. Around 249 or 269 $'s. Dust is a real problem my way ... it gets every where inside.

No fan ... no dust, to deceptively simple maybe (grin), gotta be a flaw there somewhere.

Last episode, oh well (grin), maybe there will be a hint in tonights episode ... unless they just kill it at whatever point. Soon as the advert contract runs out most likely.

ummm hehh, don't suppose there's a chance on a hint as to the game (grin)

cold and wet (grin)

jm

Code:
      -|- If the systems the answer, then the question
                        must have been really stupid        -|-

battle star is over... it ended on an ok note... i love it how the girl said to the dr... you have 3 choices (i know she didnt say this out loud, but we all know what she ment)... cleaver though! shot the leader.... hehehehehe...

"Congratulations" *pulls out hand to shake hands with the hero, and gets shot by the hero*... as simple as that...

At least the box likes it. Dreading summer on that level, not to mention dust. I saw a good looking water cooling system based on a convection tower from a company called "Zalman" the other day. Around 249 or 269 $'s. Dust is a real problem my way ... it gets every where inside.
    no kidding about this, but we had a spider in ours... must of got in there when it was little or something...

ours needed a good clean... it was that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    I can vouch for the speed... I am running an AMD 64bit, and using Kanotix 64, it does burn
    Me too! I've been driving myself crazy looking for the control in KDE that slows down the key repeat, because if I accidentally hold down a key longer than half a second, it repeatttttttttttttsssssssss. I love the speed, but I waste most of my saved time hitting the backspace key! What dumb thing am I overlooking to control this?

jd

Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    I can vouch for the speed... I am running an AMD 64bit, and using Kanotix 64, it does burn
    Me too! I've been driving myself crazy looking for the control in KDE that slows down the key repeat, because if I accidentally hold down a key longer than half a second, it repeatttttttttttttsssssssss. I love the speed, but I waste most of my saved time hitting the backspace key! What dumb thing am I overlooking to control this?

jd
    Only can think of in KControl... It must be in there, has to be...

( 1 ) KControl -> Peripherals -> Keyboard ---> "Enable Keyboard Repeat", "Delay", "Rate"
    ( 2 ) KControl -> Regional & Accessibility -> Accessibility -> Keyboard ---> "Sticky Keys" | "Use Sticky Keys", "Use Slow Keys" | "Rate", "Use Bounce Keys" | "Delay"

Best I can come up with, hope it helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

I think iv'e got BSG figured ... as the opening splash screen has a strong destiney/creational theme, i figure thats the basic idea driving the story.

The ending ... well ... it did look a bit like a 'baby basket' on that alter.

Human kind created the cylons, but who are they ... like the borg they are many but also just one. I think all the clones of the chinese girl, when one of them touched her on the cheek ... they must have down loaded an unlocking key of some kind which put her into her mission mode. Maybe all the humans are really cylons. Maybe humans are really cylons at the end of their cycle. In that the cylons wish, or have a drive to transform into life ... as it's the only thing they really lack. But have no idea as to how that frailty will eventually result in their decline.

I get the idea the time context of the show is circular rather than the standard common linear assumption.

cylons --> humans --> cylons --> ...

The way the show ended ... on a beginning note (grin)

dust is real bad news, a silent and slow killer.

>>
    but we had a spider in ours... must of got in there when it was little or something...
    >>

(grin), i guess you could call that a bug.

jm

Code:
            -|-   If the systems the answer, then the question 
                             must have been really stupid           -|-

( 1 ) KControl -> Peripherals -> Keyboard ---> "Enable Keyboard Repeat", "Delay", "Rate"
    ( 2 ) KControl -> Regional & Accessibility -> Accessibility -> Keyboard ---> "Sticky Keys" | "Use Sticky Keys", "Use Slow Keys" | "Rate", "Use Bounce Keys" | "Delay"

Ms. Cuddles
    Yep, option 1 did it. Don't know how I missed it. Guess I never considerered a keyboard as a peripheral.

Thanks!

jd

PS, not that even a 64 bit OS can't help Open Office launch in a reasonable period of time!

Quote Originally Posted by j.drake

Ms. Cuddles
    Yep, option 1 did it. Don't know how I missed it. Guess I never considerered a keyboard as a peripheral.

Thanks!

jd

PS, not that even a 64 bit OS can't help Open Office launch in a reasonable period of time!
    Sweet, glad I could help J.D. -=- and yes, a 64bit processor doesnt fire up Open Office any quicker... ( I'm not even sure if a Cray would do any better either )

Ms. Cuddles

ok, while we are asking... I tried apt-get update... it ran all the way threw, took a couple of hours... but then, at the end... it didnt work. said something funny, and then the next thing i know... KDE was acting strange... and LiLo only produced a whole heap of nines that looked like this

99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99

It had to do that the night where I gave me copy to me friend to try (ran out of blank cd's so i couldnt burn it, and the original disk was stuffed). So i did try the original disk... but it didnt want to open <-- proberly because it was scratched, because it lives in a slip... anyway... had to use feather linux to reload lilo, and anyway, it installed only the kernal... so i have to reload knoppix again... (aww well, fresh start, a new slate where i havent made any mistakes like accidently call me computer Big instead of Big Lilly, and type in me wrong password)...

anyone know why that happened??

Me too! I've been driving myself crazy looking for the control in KDE that slows down the key repeat, because if I accidentally hold down a key longer than half a second, it repeatttttttttttttsssssssss. I love the speed, but I waste most of my saved time hitting the backspace key! What dumb thing am I overlooking to control this?Embarassed

jd
    wouldnt that make you wanna type faster?

but that has its draw backs, like saw fingures...

cylons --> humans --> cylons -->
    it seems like that... i tell you what i really want to see, the starter war... where the humans first fight the cylons, before the attack on caprica... that would be cool... and the commander could be like younger (and hopefully will have better skin), and he's like in the middle of it...

and have a double story in it, that spreads for several seasons and you find out something shocking about a person just to keep the ratings up...

but that nuclear explosion in the cylon main ship looked awsome... I was like... WOW!!! at least it ended on a cool note... the good thing about it was that you actually got to see it explode, non of this "lets point the camera at the persons face while they look away in horror. so we can save us some money"...
    the next question is will there be a next season... the problem is that they had a real bad start, they went no where with the story... because they pritty much killed off everyone they couldnt risk having another battle... thats the problem when you cut down your population in a story... you dont have anywhere to move to kill off people, introduce new people that have really nothing to do with the series and are only a one off...

but it would be great if they found another colloney of humans, with different technology looking for the same thing

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast