Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel really smert... oh yes i do..

Hybrid View

Senior Member registered user

I feel really smert... oh yes i do..

I feel smart... I finally (convincing me parents was the hardest part), got a linux partion on the computer... did everything correctly (had a little much up when i typed in the wrong password when setting it because i wasnt really looking)... and now... i COME TO YOU USING KNOPPIX!!

i feel soo evil <-- hence the evil picture...

anyway... i just had to say, wow... its really fast on a P4, (been using a P2, not connected to the net)...

and now i am laughing, and i feel soo smert... did nothing to connect to the net (it even seems faster on linux!! hmm), and now i am laughing...

and i had to tell all of you... not gloating by the way, just laughing evily..

Member registered user
    Mwahahahaaaaa! Another convert .

an EVIL time I was having, until i tried getting on the net again... and it didnt work *cries out loud*...

BUT THEN I FIGURED IT OUT AGAIN!!

man, did i say its really really really really really fast... i feel special... I know i am special because i am a mutated banana because one day i just dececided to eat some of me sisters cooking because i was really really hungry... thats a little warning about me sisters cooking..

I dont know why people think windows is great??

Chris,

I can vouch for the speed... I am running an AMD 64bit, and using Kanotix 64, it does burn

As for the internet, that has always been problematic, with windows. Our "local" ISP has always had dissconnects, line drops, froze connections, etc... With Windows. When we converted our systems over to Linux, all of our connection problems just, dissapeared. I can attest, that I have been connected for more than a week, at one time, and not once, got dropped, dissconnected, or had any froze connections. All of our connection problems just "went away" with our installing Linux.

Glad to see you got a few "converts", and that you are growing within Linux, to the point of getting answers, helping others, and becoming a smart evil banana

Ms. Cuddles

Howdy folks,

Yeaa, a chance to have whinge over my crummy, but cheap, IP

Ms. Cuddles

>>
    As for the internet, that has always been problematic, with windows.
    >>

Oh woh is me. A person trys to do the right thing, takes the time to firewall, but guess what .. well ... a theory at least...

My provider, a small business, runs, or rather, rents, MS IIS. So, instead of me getting craked by spam bots and assorted crawly things, the IP does instead. I think they just grabbed the customer lists and now.. the spam just flooowws.

I shudder to look at my mai, so i just let it build up to full and then it stops. Except for the hassel of getting mail from the IP ..."You mail box is full etc"

Not sure what this has to do with anything though, just a dig at IIS i guess,

hay chris-harry ....

ummmm, what were you using for all your other posts hehehe, i bet can guess.

jm

Code:
     -:-  If the system is the answer, then the question
                  must have been really stupid  -:-

I can vouch for the speed... I am running an AMD 64bit, and using Kanotix 64, it does burn
    oh yeah... it does... its cool...

Glad to see you got a few "converts", and that you are growing within Linux, to the point of getting answers, helping others, and becoming a smart evil banana
    well, its alot easier actually helping people now, because i dont have to run to me bed room, see what i am doing, comming back... thinking of a way to put it, then run back... because i forgot what i was doing so i had to do it all again... <-- but least i got fit by doing all that excercise...

chance to have whinge over my crummy, but cheap, IP
    hehe, i can still remember when i was on dial up, using dodo... cheap cheap internet, use to get hacked alot using it... very unsafe...

>>
    using dodo..
    >>

(grin), not surprised ...

Thats the bloke who got done for major fraud a while back...

Intrusion isn't exclusive to dialup though. But if the IP dosen't use any decent defense ... it won't matter what kind of account you have.

What kind of intrusions did you get ?

ps:

Saw 'Battlestar Galactica' last night ... i didn't really like it before, but now do, totally great show. Must have missed a lot though. How does the doctors mysterious invisible gf/advisor fit in ? .. not to worry

jm

Code:
    -:-  If the system is the answer, then the question 
                  must have been really stupid  -:-
    edit: 16/05/2005: spelling

What kind of intrusions did you get ?
    nearly everything! it was horrible... computer went really really really really really really slow... we had our number thing which your modem calls changed to a 1900, OUCH!! got a $100 phone bill from that!

Battle star is good, it just started bad... its heating up, but there are some flaws in the stories though, they need more action... corruptness, and twists.... I recon the cylons are playing a game... <--i have a special gift to actually see patterns, and guess whats going to happen next, great in thrillers... i can guess the bad guy before the end... its a great gift! I got it from me mum!

anyway! the Dr is really a so called cylon, <--which brings in more prof that its a game to the cylons... he is there to help the humans, he found out a way to find out weather the people are humans or cylons (because they created cylons that look like humans the cylons did), anyway... he sees her, but the other cylons dont for some strange reason.

Why would anyone want to destroy their plan? well, maybe they want to see how far the humans can go! <-- the girl said they have done this many times, the girl also said they destroyed the humans, well, not directly... why would anyone want to bring them back, to control them? well, it seems like that doesnt it...
    the last one was great, it really warmed up there, pitty next week is the last one...

i wanna get the original and the new battlestar on dvd... i just like 3D stuff, i had a friend talk to me today, and he told me i should start doing some 3d, (well, what goes around comes around... i have been telling one of me other friends to use linux, because its all open sourced, and you have heaps of people out there to help you with it, and you can actually modify it, and play around with it with relitive easy and it'll improve his overall computer performance... (well, it has mine, i can now read)) anyway, flew way off topic...

i have been watching atlantus, love it... great show... (Star Gate Atlantus), i have picked it up very well... love the canadian! he's really funny... and not so good with kids... anyway, the one where they go back to earth is on tonight... excitement to the max! missed last weeks though everyone was using every T.v

also, anyone here watched Babylon 5???

no but i watch alot of discovery channel!!!!

btw since we gone off-topic:

since i started linux i dont know what i like more...
    mounting hardware or mounting my girlfriend

if the qeustions is about windows, linux is the anwser....

get windows, get hacked,
    get linux, get a life.

when i was talking in the bar with a linux user and told him i was hacked, he started pointing and laughing, now i know why....(really happend)

<< no but i watch alot of discovery channel!!!! >>

aww man, i wish i had that (i only have a big tv)... not complaining... i just love documentry shows... hate the predictory of many shows (not to forget to mention the really bad writing)...

<<when i was talking in the bar with a linux user and told him i was hacked, he started pointing and laughing, now i know why....(really happend)>>

hehe, yeah...

<<mounting hardware or mounting my girlfriend Very Happy>> i think we know which one

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast