Hello. I need Knoppix to restore my Partitiontable, but it won't boot on this machine.

I guess the problem is the SCSI-Controller, so Knoppix can't access harddisk and even can't load itself from the SCSI-DVDROM into RAM. When i boot Knoppix the normal way after the Bootscreen, there comes the Tux and a few lines later in red:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset botton to quit.

Additional buildin command availible:
cat mount unmount
insmod rmod lsmod
Knoppix#"

So i tied to used the expert mode where et first everything looks good, to load an appropriate driver for my SCSI-Controller (LSI1010 on an Tekram).
But the driver (included in the sym53c8xx.o) isn't displayed, since it is not in the same directory, like all the other SCSI-drivers, but in an higher Directory called /sym53c8xx.
Therefore i tried at the Question "Load SCSI Modules?; [Enter full filename(s) ...]; insmod module(s)>"
/sym53c8xx/sym53c8xx.o
(Found the path on another machine an with google, the driver is stored there).
But it didn't work. After pressing enter, the same red Text like mentioned above "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem.." appears.

Could it be that the driver must be loaded, before it can be loaded itself? So to say, that i never ever can boot from an SCSI-Drive?
Would be thankfull, if anyone can help me.