Thread: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

Hi,
    I having this problem with my router to surf the net when I use knoppix obove version 3.4.

I’ having a conexxant 4 port router/dlink 530Tx
    When I use knoppix 3.3 on my pc....my hardware was detected clean as a whistle, dhcp detected properly(In boot sequence show back grounding) .....everything run smoothly. I could access the internet /everything run.

When I tried version 3.6/3.7/3.82
    The kernel seem panicking.

During the boot sequence everything detected properly also...no error message .
    (Dhcp detected/back grounding>the same message in version 3.3)
    when I comes to gui screen >comes the audio(Initiating startup sequence)>audio hang repeating (initiating) till kde finish loading....audio kept repeating.
    1.)I manage to solve the audio problem by running alsa audio config again
    2.)Now the difficult part is on boot sequence>boot mesg shows dhcp detected/backgrounding,but I still can access any internet access.
    3.)I have ran Netcard config use Dchp detection but it shows error. I tried to boot version 3.3 get what ever setting that was on >>>replace configuration in version 3.6/3.73/3.82 upon bootup...without success getting my connection up.

Question.
    1.)Is their a way to restart the Ethernet driver and Dhcp similar to alsa Audio config?
    2.)What sort of information shall I need to get from version 3.3....to be implanted on version 3.4 above to get the lan working ?

Plse Can anyone help me!!!!! ......
    I have already spent the last 4 day in the forum to searching for similar problem.....
    some just have to rerun netcardconfig everything ok!!! but mine It shows dchp not detected error.

Administrator Site Admin-

Re: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

Quote Originally Posted by frenco
    Question.
    1.)Is their a way to restart the Ethernet driver and Dhcp similar to alsa Audio config?
    This seems to depend on just what interface you have, but it works in my notebook: sudo mii-tool -r and then a netcardconfig . I think there are some other commands that will reset/restart the interface if mii-tool doesn't work for you, but I don't know what they are. You might also want to look at the pump command, I never did quite understand exactly what it does.

Re: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Quote Originally Posted by frenco
    Question.
    This seems to depend on just what interface you have, but it works in my notebook: sudo mii-tool -r and then a netcardconfig . I think there are some other commands that will reset/restart the interface if mii-tool doesn't work for you, but I don't know what they are. You might also want to look at the pump command, I never did quite understand exactly what it does.

I have tried
    http://kanotix.com/files/kanotix/
    It is also based on knoppix ...I ran smoothly.......no prob......what could be wrong with with knoppix 3.4 above ?

I have tried this command sudo mii-tool -r >but there is an error
    I'll try to read thru the pump< > Thanks..