Hey there everyone, first off I'd like to say Knoppix is totally awesome, the few times I've checked it out, I find it very neat that you can squeeze so much onto a CD. (yeah, funny to say that when we managed to stick so much on floppies back in the day, huh).

Anyway, while I was talking on a forum tonight I made a suggestion to someone who was using knoppix and wanted to use something other than KDE, then realized it would be a LOT more useful for you guys to hear, so here goes:

If you've ever used nLite, the basic idea is to take a windows CD and customize it to your liking and burn a 'special copy' -- my concept would be a windows and linux program aimed at those who want knoppix, but don't necessarily need or want the default install, yet might want more than that!

So basically, you start up the program, and have the option of a simple "Choose your GUI, choose other programs/packages, and make ISO" or a "Choose every little detail and make ISO", that allows you to make CD, mini CD, mini DVD, and DVD ISOs, that'd be cool, and people would be able to make all sorts of custom knoppix installs that aren't 'installs'