Hi,

I have been working on modifying UBCD 3.3 which comes with INSERT (Knoppix based). Anyhow, I added an application to my CD (ERD 2005) which would not work unless I used Microsuck's CDIMAGE tool instead of MKISOFS. I believe the problem with MFISOFS was the way it renamed long paths into a special 8.3 character equivalent instead of keeping the windows style. At least, I noticed a huge difference in the naming technique that CDImage then MKISOFS for all the 8.3 names it had to create.

In order to get ERD to work I started creating the ISO by using CDIMAGE. ERD works fine when I create the ISO this way. However, INSERT no longer works, returns the error "Can't find INSERT filessystem. sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell."

If I create the ISO once again, without modifying anything at all using mkisofs I get INSERT working again, however, ERD does not.

Any idea?

MKISOFS (CD is the directory with the files)
"..\cdrtools\mkisofs" -V UBCD -N -r -o %ubcdoutput% -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 .

CDIMAGE
cdimage -lUBCD -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b.\ISOFiles\boot\loader.bin -h -n -o -m .\ISOFiles %ubcdoutput%

Thank you!