Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Configuration files and command options with Klik

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4

    Configuration files and command options with Klik

    So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik? Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)? What should I do? What about plugins, additional levels to games e.g.? How are these handled in Klik?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    164

    Re: Configuration files and command options with Klik

    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik?
    Extract the cmg to a folder, make changes and recompress. Many programs will of course look for a config file in your home directory so you won't evn need to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)?
    Run as:
    Code:
    ~/.zAppRun heroes.cmg heroes-sdl -F command

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bfree
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik?
    Extract the cmg to a folder, make changes and recompress. Many programs will of course look for a config file in your home directory so you won't evn need to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)?
    Run as:
    Code:
    ~/.zAppRun heroes.cmg heroes-sdl -F command
    Ok, that's cool. Still couple of questions, though:

    1) When I klik additional Heroes sound and music files, the program makes cmg-files of them. How does Heroes work with these packages?
    2) I can delete a klik program by deleting the cmg-file, but that doesn't remove the files in /tmp, so the one program, one file doesn't really work here. Shouldn't those files be deleted automatically after the cmg-file is made?
    3) What is the current situation of bringing Klik to 64-bit architecture? May I be able to klik 64-bit programs in the near future (within a year or so)?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    1) When I klik additional Heroes sound and music files, the program makes cmg-files of them. How does Heroes work with these packages?
    It doesn't, as you are being warned these files are not intended to be installed by klik as they don't contain any programs. You could however merge the data from it into you main cmg for heroes if you really wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    2) I can delete a klik program by deleting the cmg-file, but that doesn't remove the files in /tmp, so the one program, one file doesn't really work here. Shouldn't those files be deleted automatically after the cmg-file is made?
    Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how your tmp filesystem works and how you use klik to decide what you really want here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jounihat
    3) What is the current situation of bringing Klik to 64-bit architecture? May I be able to klik 64-bit programs in the near future (within a year or so)?
    Lack of time/desire/resources means it hasn't happened. I don't see any realy problems other then having to setup the server to understand 64 recipies (but now knowing the exact voodoo used I'm not sure what needs to be done on the server), and of course only Kanotix (afaik) of the supported distributions has a 64 bit version.

    Then there's the issue of do you actually want klik on 64bit for 64bit programs or do you want it for 32bit programs as that's another story again. I've run 32bit klik cmgs, on a 64 bit kanotix, using a 32bit kanotix iso as a chroot, but it seems excessively hackish in practice. A better approach for that probably to make a dedicated 32bit chroot image.

Similar Threads

  1. klik cmg files
    By diego-ramirez in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
  2. Booting into command line/overlaying installer options
    By Model600 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
  3. klik website missing files
    By DaleEMoore in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 11:38 AM
  5. How to copy hidden files use 'cp' command?
    By Omak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2003, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •