I was installing a Mandrake distrubution and i modified the partition table. I was hoping I could fix the mistake with Knoppix. I installed but then could boot into it with the boot loader, becuase the only Linux partition was hdb5. I am trying to get the hard drive partition so that there is a big windows partition, and a small swap and the Linux partition. So Windows=hdb1 Swap=hdb2 Linux=hdb3. But then there is an error and somehow the Linux partition became hdb5, but there are only three paritions. The Windows parition and hda are ok, but when I try to install again, I get the error"
"I cant read the partition table of device hdb, it is too corrupted for me . I can try to go on erasing over bad partitions (all data will be lost) The other solution is to not allow DrakeX to modify the partition table. (The error is /proc/partition doesnt agree with drakex 3 !=0:
)"
The smiley wasnt really like that, it changed when I posted, it looked like this :,( without the comma.
It then ask if i agree to lose all of the partitions, and if I say no, it just goes with the rest of the installation, but I am not going to hit es. Can someone please help me.