Hello there;

after my vsound application crashed during audio file conversion I tried to start up my PIII IBM again which got 1 Knoppix 3.7 PRO installed on hda1, a win on hda2 4 wine and a linux swap 250MB and a hda4 with SuSe 9.2 reiserfs..

But grub shows the menue and windows cannot be booted via chainloader (not 2000 or XP version) and both of the linux distributions get me a kernel panic in the end after a repeating DRIVE ready seek complete error hda write_intr SectorID notfound Status 0X51 lda= & sector = !!

When I run knoppix from live CD or use my DamnSamllLinux, then I can mount /dev-hda1 and read all the stuff there. When I write then it is gone with reboot... I ran a check and it goes with bad superblock stuff but cannot fix it. Even Suse YAST Autorepat found trouble on this ext2/3 partitin but failed to being able to fix it.. I cannot even format and all changes with Qpatred are also not done.. I saw on the net a line to fill the mbr with zeros, but that seemed to also have failed. Somebody told me that linux is using in RAM an image of the MBR and that is why changes are not implemented eventuelly on HDD: when I use fdisk then I can delete all partitions and format them, but they will all reappear next bootup?! I ran my freedos liveCD and tried there as well to fdisk /mbr but no effects..

I hard that modern windeows would simply override it all and fix it? Is there a better way in linux to save my data?

reiserfsck fixall and sb in the end bring me no hopes back as well? I have saved most of my sensitve data on a usb stick, so I am willing to accept also hardcore solutions to reinstall it all (Recently my knoppix live cd though could not finish its install always right after 63% crashing....) If I install it all new, then what is a good tree for the partitions. Exporting /tmp/ home /usr/src, what else..

Is there a got repair tool out there for knoppix who can fix this all or what can we do here?! PS the hdd swap is also affected, and when i use not noswap, then it carshed after a while as well....