This maybe an offtopic message but it's somehow related to klik. I'm making my own "implementation" of the klik ideas, I have many cmg working now (i'm using fuseiso and zisofs images) but now I have found some problems (I knew I would encounter them sooner or later), for example, I would like to make cmgs of kdemultimedia apps like kscd and kmix, but not the others, and I would like to make a cmg of an app called kzenexplorer. These apps separately uses some libraries that I don't want to install system wide so I'm thinking on compiling them STATICALLY, but I don't know how to tell that to the "configure" script. If I do the make LDFLAGS=-static thing it seems to put every library used by the app statically, this include for example qt and others... and I don't want qt statically compiled.

So, the question is, if a compile libmylib and it generates a .so and .a (shared and static), how do I tell to make or configure to use the static one? How do I tell the compiler that I want some libs dinamically linked and others statically linked?? I've seen there are apps like amarok which uses for example SQLite statically linked, but they include sqlite source in their package and so the Makefiles do their job, but my problem is how to do it with an externally compiled library libmylib.a

Well, thanks for the klik idea, i'm doing some things that I want to put here when finished!

Samuel.