The problem I'm facing is as such. My computer is wired to my Linksys Wireless-G router by ethernet cable. When I boot into Knoppix I need to run netcardconfig in order to set Knoppix to recognize the LAN (when I run ifconfig when I first start I only get stats for Local Loopback, not Ethernet). My router is enabled for DHCP but when I run a DHCP broadcast I get failed." When I answer the DHCP prompt in the negative the settings I use are as follows:

IP: 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Broadcast Address: 192.168.1.255 (I don't know what to put for this, so I leave the default)
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (This is the address) I use to get my router settings
Nameserver: 167.xxx.x.203 (I forget the exact values, I can get them from the router settings, if anyone believes that makes a difference)

I once was able to get internet access, though I forget the settings I used, so there's definitely some solution to the problem. I know there's some internet functionality because when I ping the IP specified in netcardconfig, it pings succesfully, regardless of the fact that I cannot get access to web pages. Also when Knoppix boots it mentions in the output, eth0, so I believe it recognizes the ethernet connection somewhat. I think the main solution has to do with what I put into the netcardconfig settings. Would anyone know of any utils I could run or some settings that should be changed so I can get internet access.